Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a freak barrel back and tip for a total of 30$. I want to get two inserts for it and I was wondering which bore sizes are recommended as the two most common/practical ones.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Honestly, I'd see if you can get a whole kit for cheap

I use all of the smaller bores of my FREAK, and haven't touched the larger bores in a long time
Stick with .685 and below

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a kit today. 50$ used,8 inserts and 14" all american front. Mostly bought it to support my local shop will probably sell a few of the inserts and the front since I already have a 12". Put about 3 hoppers through it with different inserts. I will be completely honest I didn't notice a difference between any insert. I was shooting karnage tear and bite all of the .690+ inserts were way too large. No noticeable difference from .689 to .684 once I hit .682 the shots did seem a little tighter but I wouldn't say it was so much of a difference that it really mattered. Anything smaller than .682 was too small.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Karnage bite and tear. Its the local paint here sooo :).thumup: Getting a PPS Stabilizer soon than I will go out to the field and properly chrono my gun. Heres to hoping the bore matching isn't just a myth.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
i can testify its not, iv gone from my UL to my fibur (fibur uses the freak kit) and there is a noticable difference, course 4 years ago when i was newer to the sport im not sure i would have noticed the difference

if you really want to see it do a bench test, clamp the marker in place, put the stock barrel on, chrono it in, fire 30 or so shots at a target, throw out the 3 worst and measure the widest spread, switch to the kit, chrono in with the correct insert and repeat the test

1 - 8 of 8 Posts