Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Etek Owner
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a barrel kit for my new marker I'm getting. I was thinking about a freak jr kit. I can get one for $87.50, is it worth it?

·
Etek Owner
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't see the point in inserts so small or large with that. .689 .691 .693 Are all close to the paint I shoot, .689-.693, so the kit covers all of what I shoot.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
id give it a little more than that to be honest, but if your looking into the full freak you might as well get the DW fibur, they are very close in price and you can get a carbon fiber barrel that uses the full freak kit vs an aluminum one

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alright I know you don't normally use that many inserts, but I think that there better deals fir barrel kits. I men come on, 3 backs and 1 front for 90 bucks??? I found a JJ Edge kit that was only $72, and they're ceramic and teflon coated, so they shoot through breaks like a dream! (believe me I shot broken paint through one on my 09 SLG)

Also, I found an Evil Pipe base kit that had 3 inserts and it was only 50 bucks (the backs were .686, .689, and .692! and backs only cost like 12 to 14 bucks, so you could have an evil pipe KIT with 3 backs and 1 tip of your choice (tons of variety of backs, including different honing designs) for only 62 to 64 bucks! and the pipes are SOOOOO accurate! ive used one in a game.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
Alright I know you don't normally use that many inserts, but I think that there better deals fir barrel kits. I men come on, 3 backs and 1 front for 90 bucks??? I found a JJ Edge kit that was only $72, and they're ceramic and teflon coated, so they shoot through breaks like a dream! (believe me I shot broken paint through one on my 09 SLG)

Also, I found an Evil Pipe base kit that had 3 inserts and it was only 50 bucks (the backs were .686, .689, and .692! and backs only cost like 12 to 14 bucks, so you could have an evil pipe KIT with 3 backs and 1 tip of your choice (tons of variety of backs, including different honing designs) for only 62 to 64 bucks! and the pipes are SOOOOO accurate! ive used one in a game.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I can tell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And why is that Frozen Paint? why is my reply not believable??? I've tried both the JJ Edge and the Evil Pipe in games, so who's to say that I don't have knowlage about there performance and design??? Can't I have a say too? just because Im new to the forum and Ive only been playing for 2 years doesn't meen I don't know what I'm talking about.
And I realize that he posted that in late November, and he probably has the freak jr. right now anyways, but at least it'll serve as a message to other viewers, cause last time I checked this thread has alot of views.

some experienced paintballers and their inflated egos. drives me nuts.

·
1,298 Posts

And why is that Frozen Paint?

[Insert useless nonsense here.]

some experienced paintballers and their inflated egos. drives me nuts.
Your first paragraph is full of "worse than bad" grammar. That's the #1 sign a user has no clue.
Your second paragraph is full of inaccuracies which I kindly listed in red and underlined the core of the issue.
You find it necessary to tell every one you have an 09 SLG. (Noob move.)

For the record I don't have an ego problem however I do have a problem with people giving bad information.

If you want me to set you straight (with the problems with your above post) just say the word.

·
Registered
30 Posts
well, I did see an evil pipe base kit for 50 bucks on First Call Paintball.com and Amazon (which is the same thing) though so how is that wrong??? and I know I said INSERTS instead of backs and IM SORRY okay??? but when someone would type in "evil pipe base kit 3 inserts", they would get relatively the same results as typing in "evil pipe base kit 3 backs".

and I only saw 1 error in the first paragraph, and that was when I said "I men come on..", and I meant to say I MEAN come on. what other "worse then bad" grammar did I have?

I realized that I said "honing designs" instead of "barrel tip designs", but like I said before, if they typed in honing designs on evil pipe and barrel tip designs on evil pipe, they'd get pretty much the same results. I did read on a website that sells Evil Pipe kits that Evil made 2 tip designs, 1 of those being the regular straight tip, and the other being what they call the "Ultra Tip", which has a widened spot on the end of the tip. idk why Evil did this, but I did clearly see it. ***ill find the link if you want.***

and when I played a game with the Pipe with a good barrel bore size and paint size relationship, it did seem to be VERY accurate. I had time to shoot it at a tree from approx. 50 feet away and I measured the grouping, and it was about 4 inches. so it may not be the case for YOU, but for me and actually quite a few people besides me, its a very accurate barrel for the price.

why is saying (and believe me ive shot it on my SLG) a bad thing? how is that a bad thing?

I will say that I made some errors yeah, but just because I misspoke/mistyped a couple things like 'inserts' and 'honing designs', doesn't mean I don't know what Im talking about. people make small errors, so what. that doesn't mean that they're completely lost.

·
1,298 Posts
I honestly don't have the energy for this so I'll point out a big flaw.
The Evil barrel isn't going to be any more accurate than any other barrel. Accuracy has nothing to do with the barrel, it's dependent on your paint quality/condition and how clean the inside of the barrel is.

Making the mistake of saying barrel A is very accurate or more accurate than barrel B make you a noob who doesn't know what he's talking about.

You young sir, have a lot to learn.

·
1,298 Posts

run on sentence
errors in red

·
Registered
30 Posts
fine. my mistake. surprisingly enough, I feel fair enough to say that you're right. I shouldnt be doing these Barrel A vs. Barrel B threads. So I guess Im "saying the word" now. do you want me to send you a private message? i think that would be best.

but there's one thing I wont settle for. writing in a forum isn't like writing a composition that's going to be graded by a teacher. it doesn't really matter man. i see plenty of grammar mistakes on forums and such, and others will not say "worse that bad grammar".

·
Registered
30 Posts
stop posting the Barrel A vs Barrel B threads. im done with them

title says it all. ALL VS THREADS BY ME DONT POST IM DONE WITH THEM.

·
1,298 Posts
He and I talked and everything is cool between us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts