Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I prefer the deadliwind, just because I own it. it's super light and very quiet as well.

I think the only difference between freak kits, is that one of them comes with more size insert sleeves.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
DW, its not even a contest now that you can get different backs for the fibur

that was the one thing that a lot of people were going towards the freak for. you could get it for a tippmann and then buy a new back for an autococker threaded marker later on. but now that you can do the same thing with the fibur the question is really just

do you want a heavier or lighter barrel?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
unless you want to be thick-skulled and old (there are a few people on here that dont like them because they feel they are "too light")

personally, I have loved mine and even though I now have a J&J edge elite kit as well I doubt it will ever take the place of the fibur as my main barrel

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
unless you want to be thick-skulled and old (there are a few people on here that dont like them because they feel they are "too light")
Guilty. I also don't get how people can get a chub on over a marker being 1/18 of an ounce lighter than a previous marker and then strap a case of paint on their back.

D

·
0 Posts
The further a weight is from the mass supporting it, the more work/effort/strain is put into keeping the weight extended...

Take a 25# weight. hold it at chest height, pressed against your body for 2 minutes. Do the same with your arms fully extended. You'll feel it :)

But - even with that being said - I find its easier for me to play with a more balanced marker. Having a marker that seems to have more equal weight distribution from tip to tank... makes it easier for me to point and shoot.

Now - if I weren't playing with a heavy older marker... I might opt for a lighter barrel in the interests of Min/Max-ing. But since I'm glutton for punishment - heavy barrel it is!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I get the theory I just never saw that big of a deal. Maybe if I played more tourney ball with my marker held up longer an ounce or two might be noticeable but as it is I've never really been bothered by it.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
wow, here I am not on here for a day and when I scroll down to get to the end of this thread..

all of a sudden

Tits.....

Guilty. I also don't get how people can get a chub on over a marker being 1/18 of an ounce lighter than a previous marker and then strap a case of paint on their back.
weight on the arms vs weight on the legs, its just more noticable when it is on your arms, not to mention where it is on the marker

I saw a barrel cover a few years back that also held a single pod on it (to get to really fast or something)

now while hanging onto the tank I bet it is noticeable but try strapping a pod of paint onto the end of your barrel and see how much more you notice it and how much harder the marker is to move around

like martix said, fulcrums and angels and math stuff

this is also one of the reasons i love drops, they change the center of balance of the marker from around the ASA to right at the back of the grip frame so for the most part, if I take my left hand off the marker and extend my right hand fingers and thumb out so they are not wrapped around the grip frame, the marker pretty much stays where it is and level since that point is right where the center of gravity is

1 - 20 of 38 Posts