Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wana get a new barrel should i get a freak,freak jr., or an all american barrel

·
Registered
178 Posts
if i had the money i would get the freak, but instead i got the Lucky Un1tec system and i love it. personally i know like it more than the freak system.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the total freak kit with the 8 inserts, but only because a friend of mine that was quitting sold it to me for $40 :D... I love it tho, If you had the money i'd go with freak.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
The freak hands down.

Also If you get a new gun that has different barrel threads you just have to by one back and all the inserts will still work

·
Registered
178 Posts
The freak hands down.

Also If you get a new gun that has different barrel threads you just have to by one back and all the inserts will still work
But how much does a new freak back cost? If this were the case with the Lucky kit all you would need to shell it out is a modest $14 for a new back piece.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
But how much does a new freak back cost? If this were the case with the Lucky kit all you would need to shell it out is a modest $14 for a new back piece.
About $40-$50 depending on were you get them. Used ones are a dime a dozen it seems

The lucky Uni will cost less but they don't as much of a selection in the threads. Also the down side of them is that when you change your bore size and the length you have to get more in the new length.

For my Freak I have:
3 backs (98c, Impulse, & Shocker threading)
8 inserts (full kit)
3 Fronts (14", 16", & 18" lengths)
So 72 different combination
Total spent $250 or ~$3.50 per barrel.

While if I tryed to get the same kind of set up with Lucky I would get
3 backs $42 (no 98c threading)
3 bore sizes $87
All in 14" length (no others offered on the lucky site)
So 9 different Barrels
Total cost $129 or ~$14.33 per barrel

While in the short term you save with the Lucky Un1tech but with a Freak you save over the long term.

Now I love Lucky's gear but their barrels are not quite what i was looking for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts