Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
well the cp is a single barrel and the freak is a kit, its kinda like comparing apples to oranges, CPs are good barrels and cheap, the freak is a good kit and expensive to get the whole thing. if you only ever shoot one paint then the freak wont be worth it, just get the right sized CP, if you shoot different paint all the time id go freak because then you could buy inserts depending on what you needed

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Where the FREAK really stands out is if you have multiple markers with different barrel threading.

If you have lots of different markers, and want all of them to have a barrel kit, the FREAK lets you use all the inserts, while only having to change the back.
Other barrel kits, if you have markers with different threading, you need a whole new set of backs, which gets very expensive

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Trbo, CP does make a 2-piece kit also. They've changed it recently, but I have the older version, and it's quite nice.

Like AZN said, Freak is great if you have multiple markers with different threading. If you have nothing but Cocker threaded markers, then the CP is a bit more durable and IMO look s a bit nicer.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I also had a full bore CP kit myself, and it wasn't anything stellar
My FREAK shot just as well TBH

The one barrel kit that really impressed me, and still impresses me is the J&J Edge Elite Barrel Kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts