Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of my friends have freak barrels, and i'm just wondering if they're worth the 150 or so they cost. I was thinking about one for my 08 electra but if anyone can recommend a better barrel that would be great

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
holy crap a whole freak kit is going for $150 now?! they are very good kits, take care of the inserts and you will have no problems, the major advantage you have over something like the revolver is if you damage or loose a insert, it is about $10 to replace and super easy to find on ebay

although for the price i would HIGHLY recomend you look deep and hard into the DW fibur, it is a carbon fiber barrel that uses the freak inserts, i got mine about a year ago for $153 (barrel and full freak) and absolutly LOVE it, dont get anything above 14" though, otherwise it wont fit in the freak case.

one thing though, do you plan on sticking with the electra for a long time? i mean you cant go any further in the spyder line of markers, so if you switch markers it will be to something that has different threads and then this barrel will not work for it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I just got the electra and plan on sticking with it. I was looking for something fairly cheap that was relable and could shoot fairly fast and the electra fit the bill. I have a hpa tank and a viewloader revolution so all i really need is a barrel now and I looked into the deadly winds and saw only good things so I may get that, might take a bit to save up for it though. Any $30 and under barrels you recommend for in the mean time?

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
ya i got mine and absolutly love it, iv been considering getting a second one for my autococker since all i will need is 1 freak kit and probably an extra .689 insert

as for the cheap barrel, thats easy, J&J ceramic $30 and the best bang for the buck on the market, it is a aluminum iner tube surounded by ceramic, which means it is light and very smooth on the inside and will not expand and contract due to temperature changes. these also shoot through breaks pretty good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts