Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i learned the hard way to not upgrade a marker because it leads to issues like this. Ive had my used vice since january and its been working perfect, never skips a beat. I wanted to upgrade a few things and i started with the Kila ball detents and eye covers. I got them the other day switched them over, and noticed how much thicker the eye covers are then the stock ones, but didnt come with longer eye cover screws. So as i was putting the screw back in, i felt it get nice and snug, then just goes loose. I unscrewed the screw and some of the threads were on the tip of the screw.

So i switched back to the stock ones and there were enough threads to catch, so i thought everything was fine. Today i was cleaning the eyes then put the eye cover screws back on and felt that its not catching.. Id hate to put and end to using my vice because i cant put an eye cover back on. Is tapping a new screw hole an option?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
If you re-tap the threading, make sure somebody does it who knows what they are doing. If not, you will just make it worse. I would try the loctite idea first.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i actually found a very easy quick solution, my friends bob long g6r eye cover screws fit perfectly, and are plenty long. What are the odds of anywhere selling JUST eye cover screws for a g6r? other then a whole screw kit.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
If you take the screw to a standard hardware store they may have them. Depends on the store.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
The local place around here had a bunch of small screws like that. Its a small "mom and pop" store.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
In Ky we have good hard ware stores and inbreeding. Thats it. :dodgy:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, the only thing i could think of was maybe a hobby store. Tends to have little replacement screws for RC cars/planes and stuff like that. Might give it a try today.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
lol, the only thing i could think of was maybe a hobby store. Tends to have little replacement screws for RC cars/planes and stuff like that. Might give it a try today.
ya they may, i didnt think about that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts