Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have multple fractures in my jaw and two broken teeth. I've been waiting since 3am for an opening at a hospital an hour away..

This is bull****.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now we begin to see why I'm against this policy that the new president wants to set up.
If it were set up properly, perhaps with a two tier system, it wouldn't be so bad, but it's just ridiculously slow and always full. And everything is stretched so thin. It's ridiculous that they can't find a docter here to do it..

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Even if you could pay for it there is no guarantee you'd get instant treatment at 3am. I'm not a huge fan of free health care either my father in-law has had several heart attacks and is still a lazy fatass. I'm convinced that if he had had to pay for even one of his operations or treatments he'd stop treating hamburgers as a food group or at least walk to Burger King.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Even if you could pay for it there is no guarantee you'd get instant treatment at 3am. I'm not a huge fan of free health care either my father in-law has had several heart attacks and is still a lazy fatass. I'm convinced that if he had had to pay for even one of his operations or treatments he'd stop treating hamburgers as a food group or at least walk to Burger King.
There's no reason he wouldn't have gotten in to see a doctor in the states unless there were multiple gunshot victims being treated or something.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went in for more xrays this morning.. still no treatment though..
This is getting frustrating.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welp. getting up to 36 hours.. wont be getting surgery untill tomorrow night at the very earliest.. so all in all I'll have spent at over 60 hours with a multi-fractured jaw and broken teeth..

****in' eh

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Are you getting pills for this ****?

My uncles hooked up to some hoses and bags and hes got a button he gets to use whenever he wants. And when he clicks it, it injects him with pain killers. He was clicking it a lot yesterday, until it beeped (that means he cant have anymore). His responce was "****, that means I lose." I thought it was humorous.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Weird, someone got their teeth broken at a party I was at this weekend too.

Sounds like it sucks. You should at least try to make a few bucks from the pills. You have to take the good with the bad.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I just got 4 stitches in my skull from an incident with a wall unit while trying to install a new tv about three weeks ago.:mad:

Anyway, I went to the hospital at 10:00pm. Waited until about 10:30pm in the waiting room, nurse looked at me, took vitals, filled out some paperwork, wheel-chaired me to a bed. Stayed in the bed for about another half hour, doctor came, looked at me, stitched me up. Hung out in bed for another half hour. Went for neck xray and catscan. Waited an hour for my results, doctor said the scans were good and I was all set to go. Was out of there by 1am with instructions to go see my doctor in two days and to get the stitches out in two weeks (which I did, my first visit with my doctor took maybe a half hour; second visit to get stitches out, not even 10 minutes). Total cost was $40 in co-pays.

All in all, my experiences with the U.S. health care system have been pretty good. They've saved my life at least once already.:tup

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
When I got burned we called ahead, drove in, got wheeled back. Doctor and a nurse both put cream on my legs, wrapped em up nice and cozy then I got a nice shot of morphine and walked my ass out of there. (2nd and 3rd degree burns to both my lower legs, gotta love morphine). Went back the next day for redressing, then every other for a few days. I got a box full of supplies so I could redress at home (without paying for anymore visits). Oh, and I walked out with a script for some vics. The initial visit (night of the burns) took maybe 1 hour tops, in and out.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts