Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on another forum, but not much help there...

---->Original Post<----
Laptop:
HP Pavilion DV2660SE
Bought this thing a year and 48 days ago, I know this because warranty ended 48 days ago...:cool:

Okay, it is freezing or locking up, but not the laptop as a whole. When it "locks up" im still able to move the mouse around but it fails to recognize buttons and such. In order to get it to click or recognize a button or what-not i need to ctrl-alt-delete and click anywhere while on that screen. I dont stop any processes or anything, and it works until it does it again.

I have wiped this thing out and recovered quite a few times already, even ran DBAN. No help what-so-ever. I have a screenshot of DBAN, and can get a video if requested.

Any and all help appreciated!!

---->Response<----
Well from what it says, you have bad parts to your HDD, might need to replace.

---->My Response<----
After talking with a buddy of mine, he thinks something within the boot is messed up. I never made a recovery disk, so every time i recover, the sector is still bad. $22 later and in 3 days ill have recovery disks... Will keep yall posted.

So PBF, lend me your nerdom!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Are you sure it isn't going into sleep or hibernate mode? Because ctrl+alt+delete and sometimes a click gets you out of that. Go into power settings and change it to sleep - never put hard disks to sleep - never turn display off - never

·
Registered
275 Posts
Maybe one of your ram sticks has gone bad. Go to tigerdirect or fry's to get it checked and get a quote, there is going to be something hardware related for sure

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the whole laptop or just the ram sticks? best buy wouldnt look at it all all unless i paid 70, screw that. im using the laptop now, its just this one issue.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate you trying to help, but im not a ****ing idiot, you obviously dont understand the issue so just leave it alone.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt mean to snap, lol, just getting frustrated, sorry about that. I can make a video real quick and actually show what im talking about, I probably should have done that from the start. Ill do that now.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it hasnt done it in 2 and a half hours, which is really odd since it used to do it every 2 mins, so when n if it starts doing it again i can get a video!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the disk from HP, it completely wiped out the hdd and this thing is back in business! Actually its different then it was originally.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, Little update. Computer was running fine for days, until today when I went to Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations to listen to slacker radio. Im not sure whats with that site, but it was causing my issue. Also is doing it to my buddys computer when he visits. I ran prime95 and ran the test overnight to make sure all my hardware was checking out okay, which it is. Its slacker, kinda sucks, I was considering getting theyre G2 player.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate you trying to help, but im not a ****ing idiot, you obviously dont understand the issue so just leave it alone.
I take back this previous statement. I am a ****ing idiot. Turns out it was my wireless mouse the whole time. I bought a new one and it works perfectly, yet when i plug in the old one the issue instantly appears!

·
Registered
275 Posts
LOL! It's okay, of course most people wouldn't even think of that first because mice normally don't break, and I was talking about the problem from the radio site which is non existent. Lol, well at least it is working now! Which mouse did you get?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts