Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out a little bit ago that a good friend of mine is going to jail. He got in an accident when he was 17 when he was drag racing a friend. Hit another car head on when he was going 120...killed the lady in the other car. Even though it happened when he was 17, they tried him as an adult...they also couldn't have the trial in the county that it happened in because his mom works for the judge.

Anywho...he called me today while I was at work after the hearing and he got 180 days in prison, $2,500 fine (doesn't include the fine(s) he had when the accident happened), 2 years on probation, and 250 hours of community service...a lot better than anybody was expecting. He said he was expecting it to be twice as bad.

So yea...there really is no reason I posted this and I know none of you will really care...but I am bored.

Oh, and before any of you say "oh he's an idiot for drag racing...what a dumbass"...I know...he knows. He has gone through hell the past 3 years with people saying stuff to him and having to live with the fact that he killed a lady because he wanted to have some fun. I don't want to see anything like that...so don't post it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
He did get off awfully easy. But when you think of whats going and has gone through his mind, its more punishment than any time sentence.

There has been people around here who have killed people while drinking/racing that have got 10-15 years.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
180 days is nothing. he wont be in a hardcore prison either. well, he might be, but i higly doubt it. i know a kid that did 2 years for beating the **** out of an off duty cop. he didnt even start it but he went way to far and broke the guys jaw and a bunch of ribs. he was in the state pen and he came out fine.

dont get me wrong, going to prision sucks no matter what, but ur friend got off LUCKY for what happened

·
Registered
581 Posts
You have any idea on how his parents acted about it...well obviously they were mad but like to what extent...sry bout loosing ur friend for a while

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other family isn't really forgiving at all...they just don't say a word to him or anything. I wouldn't either though.

I'm not sure how is parents reacted to it when it happened. I am sure they went ballistic on him, which is understandable though. I don't really ask him much about it because whenever he talks about it he gets really emotional and edgy, which I can understand.

And yea, we are all suprised at what he was sentenced.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
you can't be in prison for 180 days. jail=<1 year, prison=>1 year

martix_agent said:
takigna persons life is never considered lucky
but getting off basically scott-free like that kid has IS considered lucky. I still think that, if you want to kill somebody and not get in too much trouble, just get in your car and kill em that way, preferrably drunk. that way it takes the "intent" out of it and you get, at most, involuntary manslaughter. it's a bunch of bull****, if you're doing something that has a very likely outcome of killing somebody (i.e. streetracing at 120 miles per fookin hour, drinking and driving) and you kill somebody, your ass is gettin pounded by bubba (not OUR bubba.....although he might make an exception and make a conjugal visit to you ;0 )

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
martix_agent said:
takigna persons life is never considered lucky
getting a slap on the wrist and a short jail term for killing someone is though. the kid was a ****ing idiot and someone died, he should have gotten more. if i was the victims family i would be pissed as hell at that weak sentence.

granted, he was under 18, its expected that he wont get much

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
What I want to know, is how the heck did he survive?

I have saw some head on's on the interstate. And two cars going 60, both have died. This guy going 120, and the other car going 45(giving that driver the slow speed) that would make me expect both drivers would be killed.

heck last week two cars hit head on in a bad curve, both cars were probably going 40 due to weather and road conditions, and they both ended up being in critical condition.

In my opinion, your friend is lucky. Very lucky. And if he didnt believe in miracles, he should now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah he did get off really easy on account he killed someone, but still that is really hard to deal with

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
toXic said:
What I want to know, is how the heck did he survive?

I have saw some head on's on the interstate. And two cars going 60, both have died. This guy going 120, and the other car going 45(giving that driver the slow speed) that would make me expect both drivers would be killed.

heck last week two cars hit head on in a bad curve, both cars were probably going 40 due to weather and road conditions, and they both ended up being in critical condition.

In my opinion, your friend is lucky. Very lucky. And if he didnt believe in miracles, he should now.
depends on what kind of car and other specifics. if it was a civic (most likely) vs another small, insignificant car they yeah, both would probably die. if it was an old car that's made out of steel vs. said civic, then the civic would be pwned to teh maxxorz

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Your friend is a ****ing retard. I don't care if that isn't what you want to hear, or don't want him to hear it - he's ****ing stupid and that's the truth. I have no sympathy for him or his cause. In fact, I think he should be put in for longer than 180 days. Dumbasses like that don't deserve to be out among the general population - it's kids like this that make me wish we had lifeguards for the gene pool.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
imhungry said:
getting a slap on the wrist and a short jail term for killing someone is though. the kid was a ****ing idiot and someone died, he should have gotten more. if i was the victims family i would be pissed as hell at that weak sentence.

granted, he was under 18, its expected that he wont get much
Also having a felony on your record for the rest of you life.

·
&#913;dministrator
5,683 Posts
Some guy here got in a car accident and killed someone on purpose. He didn't go to jail. After they released him, the girl's boyfriend and brother kicked his ass.

He's dead now.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
zpyro said:
depends on what kind of car and other specifics. if it was a civic (most likely) vs another small, insignificant car they yeah, both would probably die. if it was an old car that's made out of steel vs. said civic, then the civic would be pwned to teh maxxorz
Still... If it was a civic vs a 69' Shelby GT400, its not very good chances for either. I have saw my fair share of car wrecks, and head on's at high speeds are hard to survive. Especially if someone is going 120.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
toXic said:
Still... If it was a civic vs a 69' Shelby GT400, its not very good chances for either. I have saw my fair share of car wrecks, and head on's at high speeds are hard to survive. Especially if someone is going 120.
Yeah I was about to say.. any car going that fast head on will result in a pretty fatal crash..

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Your friend killed an innocent person because he wanted to raise his ego, and he gets off with a shorter sentence than some people get just for injuring someone else. Sorry to tell you this, but your friend deserves a lot more time than that. I don't care if he's 17 or 37, because of him, someone's mother/sister/aunt/etc is dead. Our courts are a ****ing joke these days.

Sorry I had to vent. I read about this kind of stuff every day.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts