Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went with my coaches and a few other team members down to a friend of my coaches private shooting range. Everyone brought a bunch of guns and ammo and we had a blast. (literally) We had lots of fun stuff there to shoot and of course Dooms had to shoot it all. Lets go down the list here:

A bunch of .22 rifles from pumps, to lever action, to match grade Rugers, to Anschutz.
A Bushmaster with a free floating chrome barrel
A .22lr M-16 clone
2 original 8MM Mausers (it sounds like a shoulder mounted cannon)
A .30-.30 lever action
A .22lr Ruger single action, Unique .22 target pistol, a Browning .22 pistol
A .357 Magnum with mounted scope
2 .38 snub nose pistols
1 .357 snub
2 1911 clone .45 autos
A Berretta with a laser sight
A bunch of pump and break open shotguns
A Russian .30-.06 sniper rifle (it literally was a Russian service sniper rifle)
and my new favorite pistol a Ruger single action chambered in .30 Carbine (a rifle cartridge) It's very cool. It looks like a pretty small underpowered cartridge, but it had a nice big kick to it and a day visible flame shoting out the sides of the cylinder. It feels more powerfull then .357 mags. If you want a fun gun to shoot that's it.

It was definately a fun day and a good experence for the new shooters on the team. Off hand I nailed a can 100yards away with the .30-06, that was fun. I coulden't hit much with the Mausers, but the sound of it was enough to knock cans off.:D Great day, now Monday I get to go to the carshow down the street from my house. What a great week.:cool:

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Sounds like fun, it would be fun to read if I actually knew what half of those were lol. I hope you wore ear protection..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lol nice one airsoft, sounds like you had a dreamday man, im glad u had fun, i love hunting and firearms all together i shot alot, do u hunt doomy?

·
Registered
343 Posts
doom, it seems like every time i puroose through the lounge your always talking about shooting some class 4 weapon or somthing. I was just wondering if you ever have fun doing somthing that doesnt involve pulling a trigger?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Everyone
do u hunt doomy?
Not really, im more of a target shooter.

I hope you wore ear protection..
Only for the stuff bigger then .22lr

you ever have fun doing somthing that doesnt involve pulling a trigger
Yea, but I have the most fun shooting since it's someting im very good at.

some of those must have a lot of kick
The most kick was the Mauser followed by the .30-.06 and the 3" magnum shotguns. Pistols wise the .30 Carbine and the .357 snubs had the most kick. The Mauser is definately not for the new shooter it sounds like a canon and give a big sharp kick, the .30 carbine isn't too bad as long as you don't underestimate it. The cartridge doesn't look much bigger then a .22 magnum, but in the light single action it has a lot of kick.

where was this shooting range? I can't tell you that. What I can say is it was an hour and 20 minutes away and out in the middle of no where. But, it is a legal outdoor range with the owner holding a range permit.:)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean make buisness? It is his own personal range for his guns. The guy is a Class three dealer so he needs his own range to test stuff out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts