Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was talking to my dad about cars and he gives me another one of his stories.

He used to have a Hardtop GTO, A Softop GTO, and a Hardtop Le Mans. Well the Le Mans looked exactly like a GTO. So he would go up to the drags and want to race people. All the rich kids with their corvettes and what not always wanted to race his POS Le Mans.

So he would be like "Okay let me go take off my headers n **** I'll be back in 20 minutes"

He would just park his Le Mans, grab a snack, and take off with his GTO. So when he got there their thinkin "Oh just a le mans... lets blow his doors off"

His GTO beat those Vettes so badly and they were pissed. I guess he won like $350 that night.

Also he had 2 engines for it. He crashed his Le Mans and sold it, and he put the 2 GTOs and his Trans AM on his old farm which had a new owner. The Farm owner sold the cars but my dad still had the titles. Never saw the cars again.

Today he still owns the engine and the titles. He says the engine needs work, but it's probably worth 12,000. He's just waiting until he can restore himself a nice car.

Oh and heres another thing thats just said. When he was like 20 he boguht a 67" SS Camaro. 800 bucks he had his fun with it. Well the Owner took the Yenko stickers n stuff off it for some reason so my dad sold it thinkin it was just a regular everyday camaro with a cool paintjob. Sold it for 2200. He said if he knew it was a yenko back then he would have kept it. Considering a Real Yenko can go for 100 grand.

·
Registered
833 Posts
cool man, sux about the yenko though...

we have a few old school guys here to with some good stories like that its funny how back then you could drive a lemans or whatever and stuff a huge motor in it

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well when he found out a few years ago it was identical. Same engine, paint, interior, everything.

Beilieve me, it was a yenko.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
sounds like what happened to a guy that owns a highly reputed car shop here. he owned a very rare Hemi Cuda that he bought brand new, then sold a few years later for like 2500 bux or so. that car now is worth welll in excess of 100 grand. just one of those decisions that you would bang your head over. know another guy who bought a brand new GTO. took it to his shop and said swap out the motor, hop it up, etc. had like 30 miles on it total. so they put a big block in it. all hopped up, etc. crashed the tranny less than a mile from the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts