Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after this Christmas I will be attempting to mod the valve on my F8 (though this will work with the regular Fusion as well).

I'll be mimicking the valve design after the Maddman Rocket Valve or the 32* MagnaPort Valve
This should result in a much higher flowing valve, thus increasing FPS and letting me drop my HPR to compensate, giving me more shots per tank and being more gentle on paint

I'll post up the results and pics after it's done
Hopefully I don't break anything
:p

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
whow now.......time to unsubscribe..........

so not telling you were i live if you ever come up this way to play.....

jk

your down in cali right? my sister lives down there and i may be going down there sometime for a job/vacation, i may just have to bring my gear.....

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a little note:

As semester finals are comming up, I have actually been quite busy with school
Also, going to Purdue pends on how well I do this semester

With that said, I will start this mod right after the week is over and I have time

I did get accepted to the University of Texas at Austin though
:)

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the mod done!

Decided to make it look like the Rocket Valve
There were gains in FPS, which results in gains in efficiency, but they were very minimal, maybe 5 FPS

I'll try and cut the valve to make it like the Magnaport valve and see if that gives any more benefits

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will get pics as soon as the 20th rolls around
I'll be playing paintball then, and when I get home to do maintenance, I'll get some pics

With only marginal gains from the mod, I will see if cutting the valve like the 32 degree Magnaport valve will have any effect

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I kid you not when I say the kick is comparable to that of some spool valve markers
In the video, I was shooting with one hand on the grip frame and one hand on the tank, so any barrel rise would be very noticable, and I had none
:)

With everything I've done to the F8, I'm running my dwell at 5 ms, and still shooting about 275 fps

The Golden Poppet and Eigenram from Lurker really help with lower dwell and less kick

Never been happier with a marker, my F8 is a keeper for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts