Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just wanted to know who in the future will be joining the military and what branch will you be in? Any goals set? Ranks?

Me?

I'd like to make Corporal at least. I like that position for some reason. Then after that I'd use my yeasr for college to go and get some education. After that I'll probably get a job writing novels and making millions.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i almost went to anapolis. i would have gotten in easy (grandpa knows a lot of people that are high up now). i decided not to. i still might go into NROTC next year and come out as a marine second leutenent

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
might do airforce to pay for collage. i'd like to be a fighter piolet, but i think i need to be more realistic

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well if I hadn't promised my parents that I would finish college before I joined I would have by now. Anyways, I plan on joining the Army and going Airborne. Figure I'll retire when I hit Captain or Major.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'd love to be a fighter pilot, but I have glasses/contacts so I can't. :( I did pretty good when I flew with my uncle in an apache. :) I didn't kill us in the five minutes I was allowed. (This was before 9/11 and the War on ism.) That experience has stuck with me... I love flying.

I might join the armed forces (any part, but air forces preferably)... If I can't get a scholarship, I'm going to have to. It's the only way I'll be able to get through college and law school.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
my father went through most of seal trainin and now is basicly incharge of any new weapons/munition's the seals use and could prolly pull some strings with some special forces units for me, but i haventreally thought about what i would want to do with my life.

i know if i do go into the military, id push to part of the 181 or become a ranger, but my problem is, i have no respect for authority and loath being told what to do, so i doubt the military is something i would enjoy.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I'll be going in as a PFC, and soon thereafter will become a sergeant if my plans all go correctly.

I'm going Army Special Forces. I'll start off with the Rangers, then work my way up to Delta hopefully. And I want my MOS to be 18B, or the Special Operations Weapons Sergeant.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i plan on goin to college, takin flight school in college (u can do that here), then gettin out and joinin the navy, plan on flyin fighters off the carriers, my bros a pilot so he's like helpin me out wit the flyin already

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
chromekilla said:
i have no respect for authority and loath being told what to do, so i doubt the military is something i would enjoy.
same here

enlisting would be better than being drafted

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah. But I do enjoy bossing people... haha. maybe that's why I was voted to be the team commander of my paintball team.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm going to try and make it to the Air Force Academy (If not then I'll go the ROTC route), then on to at least 4 years in the Air Force. I'm already in Civil Air Patrol which is an auxillary of the Air Force, I'm going to try and achieve my Mitchell before I go to college

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Corporal.. are you nuts!! Shoot for Spec 4 or Sgt at least. My gods man, corporals are only there to make privates feel insecure. In the marines and army corpoprals = cannon fodder. Got a crap job that needs doing -- give it to the corporal. No one in their right mind aspires to be a corporal.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Soointely.... nuk nuk nuk

Seriously.. shoot for a good NCO position or officer. If you can go ROTC or OCS I would suggest that you do it, at the very least you get your education paid for! While it is true that the NCO's actually run the millitary, I would give my left arm to serve once again in the shoes of an officer. I was well on my way when I got hit by a truck and medically discharged. Got out as a Staff Sargent (Which is the rank you get in the Army as an active duty ROTC Cadet).

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
nick is join teh army. he says airborne and then SF, but i think he makes a mean plate of spaghetti so he will get stuck in the kitchen

and i duno, i may join jag, but prolly not.... whether i want to go to school for that long to be a lawyer is up in teh airs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts