Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow haven't been here in a while. I will Say G3. My best friend owns a UL SLG and I just bought a G3 3 weeks ago and love it. Who wants a cheap plastic SLG? I swear, the SLG and PMR's are becoming the new Ions.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
UL SLG will fix the plastic problem I believe.

Saw a G3 at the field, the thing wouldn't cycle properly, had to set the dwell and pressure way up, felt bad for the guy that just bought it. You should be able to buy a gun and shoot it out of the box with no problems, not have to mess with the settings and whatnot to get it running.

Also hear the G3 and all other DP markers have bad trigger bounce because of the opti-trigger. I believe APE makes a board for DP markers for a good price, but again, why pay more to just get a marker working?

I'd go for the SLG UL for sure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
UL SLG will fix the plastic problem I believe.

Saw a G3 at the field, the thing wouldn't cycle properly, had to set the dwell and pressure way up, felt bad for the guy that just bought it. You should be able to buy a gun and shoot it out of the box with no problems, not have to mess with the settings and whatnot to get it running.

Also hear the G3 and all other DP markers have bad trigger bounce because of the opti-trigger. I believe APE makes a board for DP markers for a good price, but again, why pay more to just get a marker working?

I'd go for the SLG UL for sure.
I know I own a G3 but I don't always side with it. The only thing wrong with the G3 is the Reg seat that SOME people are having problems with but you can get one off of DP's site for free. The UL SLG's are pretty nice but still G3>SLG There is no plastic crap on the G3 unlike the SLG that has a COMPOSITE UL frame so its not even a true UL frame. My G3 has been flawless. Its the ****. I just pull out the bolt after playing, lube it and bam. Done. I still HIGHLY recommend the G3 over the SLG. you will much more happier. Because what does the SLG have over the G3 anyways? The G3 is the lightest, fastest, more efficient, quieter, smaller, nice, cooler. SLG has what? a PLASTIC UL frame? And the bounce issue is easy to take care of. Just make a bigger pull and longer activation. Simple. Also the Ape board isn't needed really.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The G3 is the lightest, fastest, more efficient, quieter, smaller, nice, cooler. SLG has what? a PLASTIC UL frame? And the bounce issue is easy to take care of. Just make a bigger pull and longer activation. Simple. Also the Ape board isn't needed really.
Lighter, yes.
Faster? 13.3 is 13.3
More Efficient? HAHAHAHAHAHA. G3 is the least efficient marker currently produced.
Smaller. Overall, yeah.
Nicer? Not IMO. I despise the G3. I had one, hated every second of it. Worst marker I've ever owned, and I owned a SFT Shocker that never shot correctly, and I STILL like it more than the G3. Definitely a personal opinion on that.
Cooler? Again, personal opinion. I think in terms of coolness, the G3 ranks right in front of not playing. Not to say the SLG is cool. It's overpriced for what it is. But cooler than the G3.

·
0 Posts
lol you know better to pick looks over performance! what's the point of having a hot marker if it's not good in the sack.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Get a ul'd pm6. Best bang for the buck. They can be had for around 250. If not that Quest is one of the few markers in the price range that can touch it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lighter, yes.
Faster? 13.3 is 13.3
More Efficient? HAHAHAHAHAHA. G3 is the least efficient marker currently produced.
Smaller. Overall, yeah.
Nicer? Not IMO. I despise the G3. I had one, hated every second of it. Worst marker I've ever owned, and I owned a SFT Shocker that never shot correctly, and I STILL like it more than the G3. Definitely a personal opinion on that.
Cooler? Again, personal opinion. I think in terms of coolness, the G3 ranks right in front of not playing. Not to say the SLG is cool. It's overpriced for what it is. But cooler than the G3.
Could you elaborate more on why you dislike the G3 so much?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts