Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

G3 Woes

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Riddler236 
#1 ·
So.. I bought a new G3 (never used, not really NEW). Took it out for the first time this weekend and just wanted to share my unpleasantries :(

First.. The tank i bought with it was out of hydro, turns out they messed up the O-ring behind the reg whenever they put that back on.. Fail for hydro-testing.

Second.. These mysterious Regulator issues on the G3 started happening (imagine that!). Turns out the Solenoid was gunked up bad inside, possibly the battery was dead (i should've changed it). Might've been triggered due to next issue.

Finally.. So after all this, shot it all day, came home to find out that the manual was wrong :( After doing research i found out the shim stack diagram was incorrect. This is bad because i made mine match the diagram since i dropped them while i cleaned it after i bought it. I hope there are no long-terms effects from this.. Sounds like i should invest in a spare parts kit!

Other than that, i shot 2 balls into my barrel plug (blamed on me being a nub thumup:) and am riddled with bruises :hug: Not bad experience i think :) Hopefully next time will be better! Certainly shoots better than the Tippy rentals! I'm thinking that in a few months i'm going to up the reg to a CP if this doesn't calm down.

See less See more
#2 ·
Are any of these problems still occurring? Btw, you should ALWAYS invest in a spare parts kit and an up to date manual. I'm not really sure what to do for the issue with the shim stack. Wish I could be more help but I haven't worked on a G3 in forever.

#3 ·
They loned me a tank to use for the day. They said they didn't want to fill the one i had since they had to put new thread-locker on it and to wait 48 hours. So i'm not sure about the tank issue.

Once we cleaned out the solenoid the gun seemed to work fine, although we only chrono-ed it once. I shot about 600 balls out of it with no obvious problems (but that isn't saying much, as i am still pretty new). So we'll see on the next trip.

I didn't want to buy the kit straight away since i had already dropped ~300 on everything to get started. But i'll be looking for that next for sure.

Up to date manual? This was the last thing i thought of because everyone always said "DP manuals are the BEST!" For the shim stack i just fixed it. The manual shows ()()()(), but obviously it should be )()()()( I was thinking it made no sense when i did it, but what do i know? They had a lengthy post on pbnation about it.

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
PBnation always has a **** ton of information. And DP manuals are pretty nice but always have an up to date manual for your marker. But it seems like everything has been taken care of so it looks like you're all set! Good luck!

#6 ·
Well, it's always good to take precautionary measure to make sure everything works as it should. As for switching out your reg, smart choice. Now yer using yer tabbagas *taps head for emphasis*.

#8 ·
I was waiting for you to chime in quency! I saw that you have the same gun. Must be that the noids were nasty from the factory...

Also, what was wrong with the hpa tank is that the gage was leaking. Someone crossthreaded or tightened it too much (assuming the hydro guys since it had air in it when i bought it). We put some heavy duty tape on it and tightened it pretty good, seems to be holding on good for now! I'll just wait until it breaks before buying a new reg ^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.