Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

G4 firing issues

10K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Trbo323 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a week old G4. I read and did disassemble it as soon as I got it. Relubed with HaterSauce. Tested it out with 500 rounds of JT elite, only thing available locally. Functioned flawlessly through all 500 rounds. Went out to the only local field. Played a few scenario games and their woodsball version of speedball. Last game walked out on the field aired up and went to test fire and got nothing but a puff of air.

I assumed this was the notorious bolt stick I had read about. Called it a day and headed home. I have since tore it down cleaned and very lightly lubed it again. Same thing. I read somewhere if this happened on the field to increase the dwell by 3 as a temp fix. Tried that and nothing. Sent ahead and reprogrammed back to defaults and then set ROF to 20 and set firing mode to Millenium. If I start shooting when it ramps up the gun will actually start firing.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Chris

#4 ·
Have you checked your battery?
Try replacing it with a fresh name brand 9v and see if that helps anything

If hat isn't it, also try increasing your dwell

#5 ·
It is a brand new battery. Both batteries do the same thing. I had increased the dwell from 12 to 15 and that is when it started shooting as it ramped up. Both dwell setting 12 and 15 do exactly the same thing.

Should I increase the dwell higher. Also there is an ABS dwell as well that I have not touched.

#9 ·
the rubber o-ring in the back of the back cap that would be directly behind the bolt (not the one on the shaft it rides on). Any lube on that o-ring makes for bolt stick, in my experience.
TheAznInvazn,

The ABS Dwell is disabled by default. I will set it to 3 which is the highest setting.

Riddler236,

There are 2 orings on the dump valve plug, both which the manual says to lube. Are you talking about the back one, the one I assume seals the the back of the gun?

#10 ·
There are 3 o-rings on the dump plug. :)

1) the one the bolt rides on. lightly lube this one
2) the one in the area of the cap that threads into the body. lightly lube this one.
3) the one recessed into the the back of the cap that the back of the bolt 'bumps' into and rests against on the rearward stroke of the gun's firing cycle. this is the o-ring that can cause bolt stick if it is lubed.

#17 ·
It's still broke

Well I thought the gun was fixed. If I get lucky I get about a hopper through it at the chrono and then when I get on the field it quits shooting again.

I have been through every suggestion I can find on the Internet. Yesterday at the field I tore down the reg and it shot again. When I got to about 265 fps something popped and it quit shooting again. I tried a solenoid tear down today and the piston will not come out.

Any more thoughts? Oh yeah waiting on a call back from DP.

#18 ·
Talked to DP

So DP's first suggestion was the one thing I hadn't tried. The back O-ring. It fired the 1st time and every time thru 2 hoppers. This is the most it has shot since I started having problems.

Also everything is set back to defaults. So seems to be functioning again. Guess we'll see if it works at the field in 2 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.