Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a year ago, i joined a group that play in public land in k.c. mo and they have a good game to play that i just thought i'ld throw you're way. you get any noobs together and put them on a team of JUST NOOBS and you send them to get used to the field. then all the more experienced players go in after them and it's a form on initiation (sp) and it's alot of fun. the 1st time i played it was 3 noobs vs. 10 experienced players... it was intimidating, but fun. thanks...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. there've been only 2 times that the noobs have won. and only one of those since i've been there, and it was 5 noobs on 4 older... it was interesting... (i play mainly woodsball, but it can get pretty intense) thanks for commenting, continue to do so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's of of blue river road in south k.c. we also have another one under the worlds of fun water tower and another off of hwy. 59.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you schould come play with us sometime. i'll post when we play u there next, it'll be sometime in january.

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
yeah this sounds a little it extreme. but this is also a good way for the n00bs to gain some exp.

at this arena i played at they had something similar. 3 experienceed players would go into the arena before anyone and they were alowed to go anywhere in the arena. the lights would be turned off and the n00bs and other players would enter and stand in an open area. a countdown will begin and the lights would be turned on. then its game on.

this is good for teaching n00bs what to do when they are pinned down since they the exp players have a clear shot right from the beginning

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dogpatch said:
I guess if it's for initiaion... but it would probably be more fun for the n00bs if it was 10 n00bs against 3 veterans. Of course i guess it would piss 'em off even worse if they lost though.

I agree, at the local field it was like that one day, one team was all noobs but me and my son, the other team 8 noobs. We won me and my son the last ones on our team. Poor noobs, I felt sorry for them, you run at them and they froze like a deer in the headlights! Then the screamed when I shot them..... fun!

·
Lurk Moar
178 Posts
sounds like something that happened at the Splat Attack field in Wa. St. when i went there. 2 pros against 22 amatures. Pros won in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ZfrkS62 said:
sounds like something that happened at the Splat Attack field in Wa. St. when i went there. 2 pros against 22 amatures. Pros won in 5 minutes.
haha dude thats where i used to play! did you go to the outdoor woods or the indoor speedball one?

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
for initiation in our group we have 2 options. 1 is just telling the newb to walk out about 20 feet out with a mask and get shot by me or one of the other 2 co-captains. this usually gets them over their fear of being shot. or the other option is to have them go out with the rest of the team in a a normal game and then all of a sudden everyone turns on them and shoots them. both of these options are both educational for the newb, and redicuously fun for me.

·
Lurk Moar
178 Posts
flowbob said:
haha dude thats where i used to play! did you go to the outdoor woods or the indoor speedball one?
outdoor fields. The one by the Smith Bros. Farm off 167 in Kent. I think they moved not long after my ast time playing though.

Hey, i've got a friend in Ft. Benning. I dunno how big it is though, so you might not know him.

·
Registered
568 Posts
What a bunch of morons, I'd lay a a$$ whooping on the group of you if you tried that stupid stuff where I play. Idiots. New people should get to play with more experienced people on their team. Shown how to play. Not shot by their own team or shot at 30 feet or whatever. How about I initiate you to my style of play with a boot in all your a$$es. If you want to have people to play with and grow the sport you have to treat new people with respect and help them learn the game without driving them off.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ZfrkS62 said:
outdoor fields. The one by the Smith Bros. Farm off 167 in Kent. I think they moved not long after my ast time playing though.

Hey, i've got a friend in Ft. Benning. I dunno how big it is though, so you might not know him.
haha i probably dont know him, i barely know anybody here.

and to paintballin34, calm down, you need to take a chill pill. Its not like the noobs are forced to do that, and if they are, and you dont like it, you dont have to play there. its just paintball it doesnt hurt that bad unless youre a wimp

·
Lurk Moar
178 Posts
yeah, i didn't think so. don't know if he's still there to be honest. He mentioned something about doing some raining or something after the holidays.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts