Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The World Is Yours
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i left my gas cap on the hood of my car and then im driving to take my friend home and relize i forgot it there. iw ent back and someone took it. so i went back to his house and he gave me a gas cap he had from an old van. it screwed into my toyota ok but im wondering if gas caps fit all cars or i need a specific gas cap for a toyota. i need this quick i dont wannar uin my car

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
lol....if it feels like its sealing good, i wouldnt worry about it...most gas caps are pretty much universal. If it looks like the cap you have is in bad shape, you might want to replace it tho...it can kill gas mileage, as hard as that is to believe.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Ebay..

Buy a JDM knockoff/ricer gascap they are like 4 bucks. OEM ones probably run 30-40 bucks.

No, you can get a locking one (which might be wise with this gas hype) for 17$ at autozone, and a normal one for under 8$. It's a gas cap, not a freaking fuel pump.

·
1,751 Posts
When they said I needed a new gas cap to pass smog on my van they replaced it for 8 bucks on the spot. I'm sure you can get it a few bucks cheaper from elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Master of Paint said:
No, you can get a locking one (which might be wise with this gas hype) for 17$ at autozone, and a normal one for under 8$. It's a gas cap, not a freaking fuel pump.
Well my mom last the cap on our chyrsler cirrus and they told us 29.99 so we just got one at a junkyard for 2 bucks.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
well then, whoever wanted to sell you a gas cap for 30 bucks can go shove it. That gas cap better have some secksy ass bling on it with some bullet proof plating and plays music when you screw/unscrew it.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Jeeze, we don't need a 2 page thread on a gas cap.

What year/make/model vehicle is it? I'll tell you what cap you need/can use.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
crustybug said:
well then, whoever wanted to sell you a gas cap for 30 bucks can go shove it. That gas cap better have some secksy ass bling on it with some bullet proof plating and plays music when you screw/unscrew it.
lmao :hug:

just go to vatozone or something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts