Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a back up and fun toy i'm looking to in the future pick up a cocker and convert it to pump... i figure it will be a good back up to my e-orry when i have it set up for semi... and a very fun paint saver when setup as a pump... that will also give me more reason to splurge when i buy a barrel kit.

so my question... if i choose to use 12g... what can i expect from an average cocker? i know this is fairly generic question... but mostly wondering compared to a phantom... i guess i'm just trying to justify buying and converting a cocker over just outright buying a phantom

thanks
mark

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I really don't know, but it shouldn't be too bad. With my phantom I get 30-35 shots before velocity drops off in good weather. I know that doesn't really help much, but jut for comparison in case someone else can tell you.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
from other reviews i heard you get around 25-30 with a pump coker.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You need to get a much smaller valve in the gun if you are changing from a pneumatic cocker to a sniper. If it doesnt leak right away when you put a 12 gram on, I would expect under 20 shots. But if you get a new valve, I'd say around 25-30

·
Registered
67 Posts
it also depends on the spring set-up and what year it is, the older ones(before 2000 i think) have a smaller valve and a smaller chamber infront of the valve, makeing them more efficent,......crap i forgot the rest.......... well if you have a new cocker dont use 12 grams on it, unless you want to use lots of twelve grams

1 - 5 of 5 Posts