Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting my dirtbike off my trailer by lifting it off and a pipe line thing connected to the pit cock came off and started pooring gas.. i hurried up and put it back on but now there is gas in the garage..i have no gravel or kittie litter to put on it for it to soak but i just used paper towel.. do ytou think theres anything else i should do to get it out or will it be fine??
lol..................
thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:tup THAnks i got some sand to that i forgot i had laying around my garage.. I jsut did'nt want my garage to smell of gas and have a big spill of it when my mom got home..

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
mspainter said:
thats what my father and i did

and thats how you die in an uncontrolled flaming fireball.......steal your kats kitty litter, or just use a giant floor squeegie and mop it out....the remnants will evaporate...

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
seriously, if you dry most of it up with (i dont know what it is, not cat litter though) and thenthen tehre was a little left so we burned it. its no big deal guys.. gasoline on the floor isnt all that bad to burn up.. after about 3 minutes (more or less depending on the amount of gasoline) its done.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
It still isn't a good idea to have a gasoline fire on the floor of your garage. It may not be a big deal to you, but it is still quite dangerous, even if you got lucky and nothing happened.

Just soak up as much as you can then open the garage and let it kinda air out if the smell is still there.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
soak most of it up with paper towels. then use brake parts cleaner to get rid of the excess oils left on the floor.

CAUTION: DO NOT DO THIS NEAR ANY SOURCE OF HEAT!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts