Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a gauge on my ICON Es VA. On OtterSC customs it says that for full size guns put the gauge on the body. Why is that? Can I put one on my VA for my ICON anyway? Also what size gauge should I get If Im only gonna ever use CO2?
Ross

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cant belive that nobody here knows, come on guys.
Ross

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you want a gauge you can get this adaptor with one on it that screws into your ASA. It might be cheaper. When I think of what its called Ill let you know.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
It's fairly straight forward. You would drill the front ASA block, tap threads into it and attach a guage that way. Or you can get a new block that has this already done, or you can add a regulator or something else with a gauge port on that.

For CO2, unregulated get a gauge that can read over 1000psi just to be safe. The average pressure should be less than that, around 850, but if it were to be hot out or some other condition the CO2 pressure could be high.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Torch, thats what I needed to know.
Ross

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got done installing it. With my 20oz tank Im reading about 850psi and with the 9oz about 750psi. Is this about right? Im getting a regulator soon. What do yall think about the Pure Energy Reg for CO2? I want a Palmers but not for $110.
Ross

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
850 is basically the normal pressure for CO2. The 9 might be a little under it's 9oz full limit

On another note, my Stab. was 65 shipped new. Look around for a deal if you really one of those regs. Other ones will work, but I'm not sure on the PE reg's CO2 ability. If it says 'omnigas ready' or anything like that it can handle it just fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It says its Omnigas ready. Its only like $35, think I should experament?
Ross

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K. Im gonna get it. If it dont work well, Ill sell it on E-Bay!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts