Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
What do you need it converted to? There are about 50 different things I can convert it to, dude. Centijoules? Themochemical calories? Dekajoules? Exajoules? Femtojoules?

Do you understand inch ounces?

0.2 joules = 28.322387 inch ounces

Or gram calories?

0.2 joules = 0.047781 gram calories

Just ask if those don't work for you. That's what calculators were invented for ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, doom. They are completely USELESS (go figure that I know all the useless trivia :rolleyes: ). ;)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Who uses joules anyway? Is it for like impact energy measurement or kinetic/stored energy measurements or what? I never really understood what we need another complete different set of measurements for......kinda like the Kalvin scale:D

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's in force, something I know about, I know MPH and such, I need to know how hard that is, it's rather complicated, if I were to hit you with .2 Joules of force how hard am I hitting you, like speed is what I want.

Oh and that's Kelvin, not Kalvin.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
doomsday said:
Ah, joules.......one of the many things I learned about but will never use again:D
I hear ya dooms, why the hell are we learning to graph inequalities in algebra? we're never gonna use it in real life.

·
Registered
967 Posts
scientist use kelvin because its esier to calculate never goes under 0 unless its -273 on farunheit (Sp?) witc im pretty sure it hasent just ta let ya know

·
Registered
139 Posts
Zidane said:
I hear ya dooms, why the hell are we learning to graph inequalities in algebra? we're never gonna use it in real life.
this is so true its unbelievable. some stuff, like lunch or gym, i can see using in life....but algebra? joules? whats up with this sh*t

-Ryan

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't use gym in life, ever unless you plan on working in a gym or want to mecome a creepy gym teacher, and that still dosn't help me, dumb it down because I forgot how to use watts too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Joules freakin suck.......we have to learn about them right now in science. I always asked my self and my friends about inequalities, and how we are supposed to use them when we grow up. I have yet to find the answer...

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Im 16 and I don't have to take Chem in High School, I might have to take it in college though. Not sure if you have to take it for Law Enforcement0?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Zidane said:
I do. Haha. Every chance I get, I'll plug an everyday problem into some sort of algebraic formula. I guess I just do it for kicks, or maybe I have too much time on my hands ;)

And dooms... law enforcement requires a certain knowledge of chemistry to do arsons inspections and alcohol and drug investigations. Of course, that's more forensics, but police officers do need to know some of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts