Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting put under this Tuesday for a lithotripsy. I've had an endoscopy in 2005, and I was put under for that, but not on anesthesia. When I had my endoscopy the anesthesiologist said that I was not on anesthesia, but only a level of sedation comparable to anesthesia.

I'm sure plenty of you guys have had general anesthesia for surgery before. How is it? Does it make you feel sick after? I just wanna be able to go home after and chill. When I got my endoscopy it wasn't bad at all. Just curious if anesthesia has different effects?

·
Pointless thread poster
576 Posts
When you wake up from the Anethesia, you should feel... tingle-ish like or numb-ish. But it shouldnt last for more than an hour. Remember when you had to get a toothe pulled? Ya, when your cheek felt all puffed up and you couldnt talk right. Sorta like that but not as intense.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anesthestic's dont make me sick, but the pain killers do.
Assuming their opiates, pain killers can cause nausea. When I woke up from my Endoscopy in '05 from being "sedated", I was like -- stoned. Just like how a puppy is the day he comes home from being neutered. Only difference is I was lucky enough to keep both my balls.

Like I said tho, never been on anesthesia.. Apparently some people wake up feeling sick or nauseous? Just hoping for the most pleasant experience possible.. I may not even go home with narcotic painkillers, which sucks. The procedure is to blast a kidney stone. They tell me when I wake up it's going to be more of a "day after working out" pain. (****, I'm still not sure what that'll feel like). Like a punch to the kidney. I'll be pissing blood and ****. I think regardless of my pain threshold I shouldn't go home empty handed.

Oh well wish me luck :ninja:

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
When I got my wisdom teeth out, I ended up hitting on a nurse and pulling a really mean prank on my mother.

Good stuff.

·
0 Posts
Been fully under and partially under like you have (endoscopy as well). Waking up is sort of the same, but when i was fully under it took me a good 3 hours to be fully "aware" again. Doc said it was because of the amount of drug they had to use to put me under, since i'm a big guy. It'll depend on your anesthesiologist and how much he pumps into you, and your body type, fat % etc. Expect to be very groggy at first, just don't freak out if you can't move right away, because it's like you're awake and aware but not really... so you can hear ppl talk and understand them but wont be able to open your eyes or talk or move and stuff.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Pointless thread poster
576 Posts
Ok, speaking of wisdom teeth, im 16 and im just wondering when mine should start comming in.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Getting put under this Tuesday for a lithotripsy. I've had an endoscopy in 2005, and I was put under for that, but not on anesthesia. When I had my endoscopy the anesthesiologist said that I was not on anesthesia, but only a level of sedation comparable to anesthesia.

I'm sure plenty of you guys have had general anesthesia for surgery before. How is it? Does it make you feel sick after? I just wanna be able to go home after and chill. When I got my endoscopy it wasn't bad at all. Just curious if anesthesia has different effects?
Well I went under for getting one of my molars removed, and when I woke up I was so out of it for a while, but other than that I don't remember it being particularly bad, except the pain in my mouth from getting a tooth pulled

Ok, speaking of wisdom teeth, im 16 and im just wondering when mine should start comming in.
there's no specific time, so just assume some time in the next 10 years theyll come in thumup: i'm almost 21 and have no signs of getting mine soon

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I remember being completely out of it when I had my endoscopy. I was trying to rip the IV outta my arm.. gettin real rude to my ma and medical staff lol. hopefully this is the same -- my buddy said hes heard of people puking from it

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
I remember being completely out of it when I had my endoscopy. I was trying to rip the IV outta my arm.. gettin real rude to my ma and medical staff lol. hopefully this is the same -- my buddy said hes heard of people puking from it
I wouldn't doubt it, some people probably get motion sick or some **** being awake and still feeling the effects

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't doubt it, some people probably get motion sick or some **** being awake and still feeling the effects
Good point. The anesthesiologist asked if I had motion sickness, which I don't. I should be fine, but what's gonna kill me is my anxiety. I'll wake up feeling alright, and then I'll be a little nauseous which will prob trigger a panic attack. The anxiety will make my nausea worse, and then they'll just play off each other until I puke, or calm down.

So I suppose if my anxiety is controlled I'll be fine. Without me even having to ask the anesthesiologist told me I could take a dose of my clonaezepam in the morning if I needed to. The rules are no eating or drinking at midnight before the procedure. It's a bigger relief knowing I can take a kpin that morning but one won't do ****. I don't want to take more than a single dose because who knows how it'll effect the anesthesia.

I'll be fine. I've been through a **** load of medical procedures already, but for some reason this one is buggin me out. Most likely due to the fact that my anxiety is the worst its been ever. Oh and cause it has to come out my dick. Which guy wouldn't be anxious?

matt

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what the oral surgeons use is different from general anesthesia.

I had general anesthesia last month when I had lung surgery. Not sure what to really tell you because I had an epidural as well. I woke up fairly quickly after my surgery though and for the most part I felt fine. Didn't feel sick or anything. But yes people can and do get sick afterwards. Everybody is different though. I honestly didn't feel too out of the loop once I awoke. Main thing I remember is asking "What the **** is inside my dick"? Because I had catheter as well.... I never ever want one of those ever again. :|

D

·
0 Posts
When I woke up from general anesthesia, I puked all over the place. The nurse said it was the best thing to do after I did it, because now it didn't have to run it's cycle through my body. Plus she was hot and she had to clean it up from between my legs. I woulda hit on her but I thought my ankle was going to explode.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
I've gone under several times for multiple kinds of surgeries.

It's not a big deal, you don't eat for a while then they stick a needle in you and you go night night.

Funny, some doctor was telling me how I'll fall asleep before I could count down from 30 to 0. I bet him I'd stay awake and count it down. Haha he said I made it to 28. **** puts you down quick, and there are things that can go wrong, but I've never had an issue and I've gone under at least 5 times.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meh I just hate puking. As long as I'm out of it enough not to care. The procedure is tomorrow actually. It's a short fast, no drink/water/cigs past midnight. I'm due at the hospital @ 6:30 and the lithotripsy is scheduled for 8:00am.

Wish me luck. I'll be pissing blood for a couple of days, but hopefully everything goes well and I can restart my job hunt.

thanks for your experiences. seems like the chances are I'll be fine. and If I puke, I puke. I'm sure that it'll be the least of my worries.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully you recover better then I did. I was still in major pain 3 weeks after. I seem to be doing fine now, 5 weeks later.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The actual procedure is non-invasive and has very few risks. The recovery will hopefully be short, depending on the outcome. But thanks for the luck, glad you're startin to feel better. Hope they gave you **** for the pain

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Yeah About 150 pills worth of Darvocet and Oxycodone. I'm trying to get off them though. A few bong hits has made me feel better anyways but the pain pills are pretty neat. My surgery was only like 20 minutes or something.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah About 150 pills worth of Darvocet and Oxycodone. I'm trying to get off them though. A few bong hits has made me feel better anyways but the pain pills are pretty neat. My surgery was only like 20 minutes or something.
Had mine today. Painless. I was given some benzos and opiates through IV. Woke up with euphoria. Laughed my ass off and joked with the nurses until I was clear headed. Then left feeling great. Only downside is the sandy bloody urine (hows that imagery?). But yeah I walked home with a bottle of percs/oxycodone.

Don't get me wrong, I ****ing LOOOOVE weed and opiates. Just don't get stuck on them (opiates). Don't needa tell you the reasons why. Just one person with an addicting personality giving advice to another.

I won't lie and be a hypocrite though. I'm gonna have myself a perc and some buds before I pass out. Long day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts