Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dont know anything about high pressure or low pressure for guns, which does what or what is better to use.
So I'm wondering if someone can tell me the basic rundown on Tanks and pressure and everything about them.

Also what exactly the tank numbers mean such as 68/4500.

So far all ive picked up is i think the first number (68) is how much air the tank holds and i think the second is the pressure but i dont know what the pressure doe or anything.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
a 68/4500 tank means that the tank holds 68 cubic inches of air compressed at 4500 psi.

4500psi is not the output of the tank though because there's a regulator on the end of it that will regulate it down to either 300ish psi(low pressure tank) or 800ish psi(high pressure tank) You best bet is to get a high pressure air tank unless the marker you have/plan on buying says specifically to use low pressure only.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wants the point in having a 4500psi tank when your gun maxes at no more than 1000ish (you said high pressure is 800)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought the first number (68) decided how much air is in the tank not the second, whats the first number mean then?

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
For each cubic inch (the 68 number), the tank can hold 4500 pounds of pressure (psi). The two numbers together tells you how much air it can hold, not one by itself. A 68/3000 tank is the same size as a 68/4500, but it will not hold as much as air.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Did you read the stickies...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i read the stickie but still had a question and darktamer nailed it on the head, thats exactly what i was confused about, the guide does say anything about the two numbers together, so i think that should be added. And if it is in there then i just missed it but i dont think it is.

Anyways thanks darktamer.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Q. What do the numbers on an HPA tank mean?
A. Typical when you see an HPA tank described, you see a set of numbers like “68/4500”. Those numbers describe the capacity in cubic inches and the maximum pressure a tank is fillable to. For example the aforementioned 68/4500 would hold 68 cubic inches (ci) of air at a maximum of 4500pound per square inch (PSI). The higher the pressure and capacity, the more shots the tank can produce.
point number 3

·
Registered
14 Posts
a 68/4500 tank means that the tank holds 68 cubic inches of air compressed at 4500 psi.

4500psi is not the output of the tank though because there's a regulator on the end of it that will regulate it down to either 300ish psi(low pressure tank) or 800ish psi(high pressure tank) You best bet is to get a high pressure air tank unless the marker you have/plan on buying says specifically to use low pressure only.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts

That paragraph looks awfully familiar...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i read that part of the guide and it is worded poorly, i am new to paintball and that guide is directed towards new players. So i think it should be re-worded to a more simply format like Dark did. Obviosuly when i read the guide i didnt get all the information i wanted so i made a post, and i got my answer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts