Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is going down, they are either going to file and liquidate or sell out.

They've been losing the market thanks to lack of innovation and they fell behind. Can't depend on SUV sales forever. Bad management and losing 1.1 billion dollars and their bonds going to "junk" status doesn't help.

Goodbye, GM.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
ah hahahahahahaha!
that's the greatest thing i've ever heard!

but he has mentioned a few problems. it's not lack of creativity, it's gay foergin brands being cheaper and using less gas (hmm didn't this happen about 30 years ago also?..and GM is still around) the US has gotta put a tarrif on foergin imprts to save thier companies, you are right about that. but, GM and Crystler will never go down.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
martix_agent said:
ah hahahahahahaha!
that's the greatest thing i've ever heard!

but he has mentioned a few problems. it's not lack of creativity, it's gay foergin brands being cheaper and using less gas (hmm didn't this happen about 30 years ago also?..and GM is still around) the US has gotta put a tarrif on foergin imprts to save thier companies, you are right about that. but, GM and Crystler will never go down.
Actually most american cars have at least 50% of the parts imported. Go learn. The asians and europeans are making better cars than us, and we're stealing their parts. If we put a tariff on that stuff then our car prices will rise.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
GM and Ford are going down the chute cuz they made a ****load of SUVs, and now that all these rich people are realizing that having a huge, gas-guzzling car isn't all that great, they aren't buying them anymore. If they actually tried to make some gas-friendly, quality cars, then maybe they wouldn't be "junk-bonds"

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happend to Chrysler is different than now. I don't see the Government bailing them out, then again, our government has a history of being dumb. No, I'm not anti-american..

Ford has the focus, and the SUV that is hybrid, not to mention they're probably going to stop producing some models because there are so many in circulation anyway..

Ford still has some hope, and I'm hardly a Ford guy, but forgien cars are going to win out it seems.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
zpyro said:
If they actually tried to make some gas-friendly, quality cars, then maybe they wouldn't be "junk-bonds"
QfT... seriously, they get rid of the cavalier (yes it's still a 4 banger/family car, what have you) and introduced the cobalt.. dropping probably their best seller for a car that most people think is fugly, and i still dont see too many of em being sold... then coming out with like 10 new suv's... definitely doesnt help....

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
GM's big problem is they are losing a ton of commercial sales. The guys that buy 10+ vehicles at a time. They need to put a diesel back in their Vans, Suburbans, and put one in their H2/H3 and Colorado, that will give them a good start. More commercal guys would buy these vehicles, then the general public will see them more which would help the regular sales. The solstice, new vette, and Caddys will help them too. Then they could make the Monte Carlo and Imp in a V8 with RWD and maybe AWD option, which will help them to sell (their competition is the 300C basically so they need to give as many options as that has). They are looking for the big thing to bring them back, but it is a combonation of the small things that will help them.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
even if they did, it would do good for mankind, seeing as gm makes welfare cars and theyre higher quality cars are WAY overpriced. I aint payin no 30 grand for some trailblazer thats still stripped of the options it could have. Also, that new uplander looks like a demorphed SUV. GM has been based on quantity and not quality for a very long time, its about time somethin caught up to them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
doomsday said:
GM's big problem is they are losing a ton of commercial sales. The guys that buy 10+ vehicles at a time. They need to put a diesel back in their Vans, Suburbans, and put one in their H2/H3 and Colorado, that will give them a good start. More commercal guys would buy these vehicles, then the general public will see them more which would help the regular sales. The solstice, new vette, and Caddys will help them too. Then they could make the Monte Carlo and Imp in a V8 with RWD and maybe AWD option, which will help them to sell (their competition is the 300C basically so they need to give as many options as that has). They are looking for the big thing to bring them back, but it is a combonation of the small things that will help them.

very true. but having bigger engines can also come into play in anoter way. your average person wont be buying that sports car with the v8 but they will be buying the cheaper version with almost identical body style that has the look and "status" of the v8. but you still need the 400 hp model just for publicity and marketing ploys. lets face it, cars are like clothes in a sence to people these days.

·
Registered
343 Posts
if general moters is a comany themself like they own all those companies, theres a lot that could happen. they all go under. gm liqudates them one by one (sorta like morgaging a property in monopoly) until theyve gained enough capital to stand on their own feet. or sales could just pick up.

but i dont know alot about gm and it may just be a merger of all those car companies. maybe its like a union?

plus who knows forsure how bad off GM realy is...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts