Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
They´re definately not cheaper over here. More like 1.5 - 2 times as much. And yes, there´s paintball in Germany but we´ve got a problem with people thinking that neonazis use it as training for their illegal activities. What a load of bull.... Also, paintball and guns in general are far more severely regulated over here. In order for paintball guns to be free guns (ie available to anyone 18 and above) they mustn´t exceed shooting speeds of 214 fps. Sucks to see your balls drop after less than half a fields length. Any other questions ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Frallan said:
Does that mean that any fields I go to will Chrono in at 214 fps???
Somewhere around that. Due to the incosistency of CO2 and further irregularities caused by e.g. bad paint-to-barrel match they let you chrono up tol ~225 fps, but they´ll see after your marker mostly shooting less than 220. I managed to chrono my cocker from 209- 215 last time, I was pretty happy considering it´s still stock...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Leave your marker at home if you don´t wanna be charged with illegal import/smuggling of a weapon. All the markers over here have to have stamps declaring them as "free weapons" . E stamp = a whole lot of trouble. Better spend a day rental fee (most fielrgo: Nods are like 30 Euros, I know that´s xpensive, but it usually includes free fills, 200 balls, and at my field free food and drinks). As for fields, check THIS LINK it shows you a map of Germany where you can select the different states (as I don´t know where you´re going). Look for
= Outdoor field
= Indoor field

= Both

Just select the state and you ought to be good. Mind you, the site´s in German...

·
Registered
285 Posts
They WILLl be able to tell what you got in your suitcase. Taking them over borders is a bit more difficult over here. You have to get special permission, together with filling out a special form declaring pretty much every part of your marker. Trust me on this. I could post a whole FAQ on German legal restrictions regarding paintball markers, but I´m afraid it won´t help cuz it´s in German. Also, as I said before, You have to tune paintball markers down in order for them to get that "free weapon" stamp. If you don´t have it, you´re officially carrying a "real" weapon.

Once again:

DO NOT BRING YOU MARKER TO GERMANY !!! IT WILL ONLY CAUSE YOU TROUBLE !!!
(Apart from negative feedback for the German Paintball Community)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts