Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
LOL.. I'm "forbidden" to access the page!

Anyway, the google translater is the most common proxy. Works for most "blocked" sites, though NEW firewalls are designed to specifically blocked these types of proxies.

Another simple trick is the old IP trick. Many firewalls ban by NAME, and not NUMBER.
IE instead of paintballforum.com, use 205.214.74.239. (TO get the number, just go to DOS and type "ping paintballforun.com". Again, newer firewalls check for these.

More complicated is SSH type backdoors. This can send websites through non-standard ports (ie 22, 23, 1003, whatever) encrypted via X-win, or whatever. Your actually surfing via the IE at YOUR HOME, but transporting the data to your school/work computer. As long as the port is open, and not scanned, then this also works.

nick

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
MrMacDude said:
HP: how would you do it with google??
Go to the google translater, and have it translate the page you want into english. Its probobly already english, so nothing will change, except that the page will now be sent from GOOGLE instead of the ORIGINAL URL.

Works as long as the firewall doesnt check for proxies.

Nick

·
Registered
461 Posts
meh i just cant get by my schools system, its something called "surf control", ive tried google translator, proxifing it, nothin works

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
HP_lovecraft said:
Go to the google translater, and have it translate the page you want into english. Its probobly already english, so nothing will change, except that the page will now be sent from GOOGLE instead of the ORIGINAL URL.

Works as long as the firewall doesnt check for proxies.

Nick
I did that when the school blocked a website we needed for a project. It worked.

Our school has Websense.

About a week later the google trick didn't work.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Xazi2003 said:
meh i just cant get by my schools system, its something called "surf control", ive tried google translator, proxifing it, nothin works
surf control is quite strict, we have it too. the way to defeat it is to use either poledit or use a clsid trick to get into the internet options, then take yourself off of the proxy server in the setup.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
tito said:
we have big brother guarding us from any good unblocked websites his name is carl he basically watches all the kids that know how to use a computer,
Well, that does really suck. Reminds me of the local library. They have decent, fast internet, but your not allowed to read email or IM or games. You can ONLY do research. So, the library "nazis" go around to each machine to make sure you doing "research".

Anyway, one solution might be to use a LYNX browser. It has NO GRAPHICS, and the font is small. To most people, it looks like a simple word processor, and NOT a browser.
The "no graphics" part kinda sucks, but its PERFECT for reading boards, like PBF, PBN, or news or whatever.

nick

·
Registered
246 Posts
im gonna have to remember this page

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Alternative browsers work. if you can run programs off a disk, burn your mozilla folder onto a cd and change the ports/proxies to one you know works and then run it off the disk.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts