Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
tippmann666 said:
google>dogbone>yahoo
Seeing as how Dogpile includes both Google and Yahoo, as well as others...Wouldn't that, logically, be better?

Oh, and by the way, Yahoo! is powered in part by Google.

*Edit* Ironically, there was just an add for Dogpile.com at the top of PBF... :sly:

-Jin

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I remember when search engines became cool. Dogpile, lycos, askjeeves, google, yahoo, and a bunch of others I can't remember.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
yahoo was the first big one that i can remember, then my uncle told me and my dad to start using google. it was like god smiled down on me and said 'you are my greatest creation'

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Yeah, I remember using Altavista. It crashed constantly. Why did I ever use that piece of crap...?

Then I remember distinctly the first time I was at my friend's house (him & his older brother are computer gurus) and he was like "Here, use Google..." and I was like "Google? What the heck is that?" This is back probably 7 years ago?

The rest is history.

-Jin

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
google.

were the lazy get rich, and the rich get lazy.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Yeah, I remember using Altavista. It crashed constantly. Why did I ever use that piece of crap...?

Then I remember distinctly the first time I was at my friend's house (him & his older brother are computer gurus) and he was like "Here, use Google..." and I was like "Google? What the heck is that?" This is back probably 7 years ago?

The rest is history.

-Jin
haha yeah. I remember in 3rd grade we had some tech teacher come in once in a while and show us how to use the internet and stuff (showed us how to use the old "infoseek" and yahooligans) and she showed us google this one time when it was still in beta stages. Totally different icon and look. It was like light bluish. I can't really explain. But I still remember exactly what it looked like.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
My earliest encounter with the internet was my babysitter from wayyyy back in the day. She had AOL, and I loved going to her house because she would help me use it and crap. The only site we ever went to was the Nickelodean page, and the only thing I ever wanted to do was log on to their chat room. I think they called it the 'Blabbatorium' or something stupid like that. I remember one time when she was typing for me and she started hitting on a girl who was my age. Ah, those were the days of e-crushes...

-Jin

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
I remember going to yahooligans on the school computer. That was like the only website anyone visited back in like 4th grade.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts