Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i will be getting a 98 custom with a 14' barrel, and an ebolt, for about $100.
guy just wants to sell it. a friend gave it to him and he has not used it until 2days a go it has been in storage for about 6 months. so it has been shot about 10 shots.

i think it is a good deal what do you think?
i don't know what the ebolt does, nor does the person selling it.
can some one tell me what the ebolt does?

i play woodball, so i do not know if it will benefit me but the price is right so i think i will get it.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
My E-bolted 98 cost a good deal more than that, so I'd pick this one up.

The E-bolt is basically the end-all upgrade for the 98C. It removes the spring driven hammer and replaces it with an air ram that opens the valve. The ram is controlled by an electronic board and solenoid valve. You can set it for different modes like burst and turbo, but most people will leave it in true semi-auto.

You can read about it here. Scroll down a little till you see the E-bolt section-
http://www.tippmann.com/accessories/accessories/firepower.asp

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Im with torch, he got it all 100% correct...

that deal youll be getting is a good way to start off making some money...trade it for maybe a normal tippy+cash. Invest the cash into ups or juss keep it. People who play speedball or need the speed are the ones who usually invest in the e-bolt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. i will be getting it, talk to the guy already. i might do what Snip3r said later. thanks again for info and web site Torch

·
Registered
4 Posts
get it. if you dont, your crazy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
buy it i love my e-grip on my a-5 (does the same thing) it's sooo nice and your gettin a good deal

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
E-bolts quite different than the E-grip.

It's a full electropneumatic conversion- ram, solenoid, and all. There is no longer a hammer or drive spring. Downside is that it is spring returned ram and has cycle problems if you try to push it past 11 or 13/second.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hello guys, the guy wanted 100 dollars and for my friend to let him watch all the movies he wants all summer. my friend works at the movies. i toldthe guy to go F*** himself. so i did not get it.

i will be getting an A-5 by the end of this month. just need to save a little more. just bought leather sofa set. but will be getting the A-5

1 - 18 of 18 Posts