Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the 'Looking for a gun' thread, and that got me familiar with the different types.

I want to get into Paintball, cause I went to a large multi field paintball place, and used the provided guns and stuff, and it was fun..

I want to get my own guns and gear, so.

What are some beginner guns, but that can last a while and that are good?

·
Registered
65 Posts
What is your buget, are you going with HPA or co2?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well it depends on how serious you are about playing, a lot of ppl like the spyder vs1 vs2 and vs3, i have never used one so i dont know much about them, i would go with a proto slg or an smart parts ion (both around $200), get a decent loader, you can get evolutions 2s and 3s for about 50 bucks that will load plenty fast, get a HPA (high pressure air) tank, you can get ones for like 50 bucks, and if you can get a new barrel or even better get a barrel kit so you can match the paint to the bore size of the barrel for the best accuratcy. you are also gonna need a mask if you dont have one, that will run ya bout 40-50 bucks for one thats not gonna fog on ya. so all said and done with this set up its gonna run ya anywhere from 300 to 400 bucks, if you want something a little cheaper look at tippman 98 customs. figure out a buget and shop around, read some reviews from pbreview.com. Good luck

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
CO2 is a vastly cheaper airsource, but is not the best in terms o performance.

Are you playing on a field, or mostly off a field?

A vs1 setup will run you about 240$ with a tank and hopper. You should be looking to spend another 40-60$ on a good mask. IMO it's the best beginner setup available as far as value. The electronic eye system is much more effective than the mechanical setup of the tippman, and the gun is short and compact enough to fill it's role in the woods and on a speedball field. They are just an all round good choice, and are so simple to work on anyone can do it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Based on the little experience I have you should ask yourself the following questions:

- How often am I going to be playing?
- Am I going to be playing woodsball or speedball?
- How much do I want to spend?

Once you have figured out those 3, do some reading and poking around to get a feel for what it is you want to get. For me I want to play woodsball with friends and I don't need and Ultra light gun that fires 20+ balls/sec. So in all likely hood I will end up getting a Tippmann or possibly a low-end spyder.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
You don't need a gun that fires 20+bps.... the tippman boards AND the spyder boards are capped in full auto lower than that, and your lying through your teeth if you tell me you can do it in semi...

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Yes to the gun, NO to the hopper. The revv or the eyeforce is a much better hopper. The eyeforce is a dumbed down vlocity, the revvy is a nice agitated hopper. The evo is a badly designed quasi force fed thing....that breaks on a regular basis.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes to the gun, NO to the hopper. The revv or the eyeforce is a much better hopper. The eyeforce is a dumbed down vlocity, the revvy is a nice agitated hopper. The evo is a badly designed quasi force fed thing....that breaks on a regular basis.
really?? the only one ive ever had experience with never had a problem or a problem with keeping up with my buddies timmy, but i guess he just got a good one

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
He got lucky. The shells are notorious for busting the way there designed. There are just better hoppers out there for the money..

·
Registered
4 Posts
It depends on whether or not you are in europe, where, due to high VAT rates and comparative scarcety (spelling check) of equipment, markers are more expensive. However, i have found what I find to be a good set for just under £90 ($180) at: Just Paintball H18 Eros Package - with ready filled Co2
the set is good to use straight away, but you will need to get a good 20 oz CO2 tank, as the 4oz disposable one will not last you long, and you will, after a while want a electric hopper, rather than just the gravity feed one that comes with the marker.
Oh, and you'll need lube as well.
In the UK, that will come to about £125 ($250) however, i don't know what the value will be in the US

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh, and it's worth adding that the gun is not top of the range. Good for a beginner though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts