Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends have decided that since I make good characters on the game Diablo II they will now pay me $10 to make them a character of their choice. Anyone else have friends that pay you to play video games? Such as: beating a level, getting good gear, powering/leveling up a character. I just thought it was kind of funny that I am actually getting paid money by people to make a character so they can play with it, especially because they can make it themselves pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Umm wtf no. Sure me and my friends play games, but damn nobody pays anyone to make a character/beat a level/powering up a character.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I wouldn't charge my friends for that. You seem like a greedy ass.

We just bust out the controllers and play for hours man.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1337PAINTBALLER said:
I wouldn't charge my friends for that. You seem like a greedy ass.

We just bust out the controllers and play for hours man.
Yeah I am. It actually is kind of long and boring, I wouldn't have done it unless they told me they would pay me. But, when we head down to the deli, they are always getting money off me for stuff, and they never pay me back, so this is my turn to get some cash.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gabriot said:
That's why I hate the rpgs like diablo ii and every mmorpg ever created. It's more like work than play. Do the same thing over and over trying to level your guy up.
Yeah, but once I get my chars leveled up, I go duel, thats why I only play online, RPGs+single player=worse than lectures.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1337PAINTBALLER said:
All the good RPGs need a monthly fee and a credit card. :(
Which ones do that? Just wondering... Everquest maybe?

And anyone heard of blizzard charging huge amounts of money for having games on a LAN at like a computer store, or game playing place? I heard they charged a ton to do that, just want to know if its true.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I remember my friend's nerdy friend talking about how he sold his everquest account for like 100 dollars on ebay. That seems just a tad dumb to me...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I sold my Runescape character and bought a harness with the money at the cup

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
First off, I agree that charging your friends for doing that is pretty cheap, I'm not saying I'd do it for free, but you could tell them how to do it, so they could do it themselves, that way you could have some friends to duel with and back you up. Leveling is extremely boring, but I wouldn't pay money for someone to do it for me. I did however pay some guy in items to do it for me, worked out nicely, since all I gave him was trash I wouldn't touch.

Paying money for d2 characters: stupid. Getting money for it: not stupid. I made a couple hundred dollars off of items alone, then I let all my stuff expire and lost potentially more hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Doesn't that take the point away from the game if you have somenoe do it for you? Isn't Diablo and all MMORPGS all about leveling up? So what the hell do you do if you don't dot hat yourself?

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
The point to those games is different for different people. I liked dueling, I got my characters leveled up how I wanted them and used them dueling. Some people play for profit, so they play to get items to sell etc. etc. The point is that you have fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts