Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a good move to sell my Tippmann 98 Custom (Clean, no modifications or anything) and get an Ion? I want a good gun for speedballing and woodsballing, one that fires fast.

I already posted this in the Ion forum, but I'd like more than one point of view.

The reason I was looking into this is because I was kind of disappointed at the money I'd have to spend to get a Tippmann to have a double trigger and to be able to walk it, along with the loader.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, with what I wanted to do to my 98C compared to the cost of an Ion minus the money I'd get for the 98C, it might be only slightly more expensive.

besides the money, is it a good choice?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Yes. That'll work. And remember the ion has break beam eyes which were designed to prevent chops. If they work as advertised what's the problem with a loader slightly slower than a Halo?

The HPA tank is probably the more expensive part, unless you go for the bottom of the shelf items and get the steel 48/3000 tank.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Decker9 said:
So would I be shooting the maximum speed of the ION with that loader?
probably

ions can only go up to 17-18 bps without a lot of upgrading. Unless u said some upgrades i missed.

My 2 cents is just have fun trying to sell the C98 there are so many out there its crazy.

And if u every want to sell a ion well that might just be as hard because there are so many ions.

But if ur not worried about selling for low prices and maybe waiting a while for them to sell upgrading to ion is a good idea.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I see used Tippys in nice shape go for way to much on ebay. With that said I'd keep the 98 and get the Ion also! That way you have a back up gun and a gun that you can use with C02. That Reloader hopper you have is more than enough for a Ion. If you can actually shoot the 12-13 bps it can feed that's a lot of paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts