Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken Distal Fibula! I may also have a broken wrist. I didnt have it x-rayed last night, but it hurts like a mofo too.

Party time!

Anybody else on here currently have anything broken?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was at church playing basketball. On the second play I went up for a rebound, caught it, and shot it in. On my way down, I landed where the black top and ground meet. I ended up, "crilling" my ankle. If you dont know what that is, its where you land or step on it sideways.

So I chipped a part of my fibula off, and have to wear this big boot around.
(not my foot, just googled it)

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
My femur.

It hurts really bad.
Are you serious? I've been there, and it sucks.

I broke mine when I was in seventh grade. It wasn't really the pain that bothered me, but the lack of mobility and the long recovery. In fact, the pain I eventually got in my armpits from being on crutches for six weeks was "worse" (or at least a lot more irritating) than the pain in my leg. They operated on me and put two rods in my leg (which I got removed later that year); the other option was to be in an almost-full-body cast for six weeks, which would have made the transition to walking again terrible and I wouldn't have been able to move basically at all the entire time. But even after I got off of my crutches, it was a few months before I was walking normally again and even longer until I could run.

But don't let that get you down. I'm fully healed up and healthy now, and somewhat athletic. Hopefully you had a clean break like I did, because your recovery should be fine (if frustrating).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts