Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a metallica concert a while ago and had a great time heres what happened.

The show openers, Godsmack, were in a tough position as most everyone wanted Metallica but I thought they were excellent. They played most of their hits ("Keep Away", "Awake", "I Stand Alone", and an awesome dueling drum solo) and they played for 50 minutes.

The lights went out and Ecstasy of Gold came on and the crowd went nuts. They opened with "Blackened" and then "Fuel" with the typical pyro. The stage is unbelievable as it takes up a lot of floor space. It allows the band members to wander around and focus on various parts of the arena. Lars drum kit rotates around the entire stage and he completes a full circle once the show is over. James announced the next song had the number four in it and everybody screamed "Four Horseman." The new songs ("Frantic" and "St. Anger") were well received. But the place went nuts for the old tunes "Sad But True" and "Creeping Death" (which featured the Die! chant). The first set ended with "Battery". The first encore was the typical 5 songs which was highlighted by the pyro before "One" then a kick ass version of "Sandman". The band then threw out some picks and drum sticks and the lights stayed for a two song Kill Em All encore of "Jump In The Fire" and "Whiplash". After that each member screamed into the mic and they thanked the crowd for a great show. James even promised they would return to Virginia in October (oh yeah!). The show was awesome and the band is tight...

Setlist
Blackened
Fuel
The Four Horsemen
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Frantic
I Disappear
St. Anger
Sad But True
Creeping Death
Fade To Black
Battery