Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Michael
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so, my gf and i have been dating for around 8 months and i want to do something special for her for christmas. Her sister whom i am friends with suggested to me discreetly that my gf would really like flowers and for me to dance with her.

The problem: never danced once in my life. Never tried it, never had any desire to. Even at school formals, it was just alot of standing around. You don't have to tell me how lame that is....i already know.

so pbf, i ask you: any suggestions? how do i set it up? how to i go about this? and most importantly, How do i dance with a girl?

and like i said...i know this is not good for someone my age to not know....thats why i'm asking you people.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
It's not that hard. Just let her lead haha. That's what I usually do. Or I just charm them, you know look into their eyes, kiss them, etc. Then they forget about how much of a ****ty dancer you are.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I think anything you do dance-wise would melt her heart. It doesnt' have to be good, so long as you're doing it for her. Make up somethign simple and cheezy to a favorite song of hers or something.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
This may seem weird, but ask your mom or your dad, or a sibling if you have one.

Maybe even a friend you trust. Somebody you feel comfortable doing it with, not being able to dance isn't as uncommon thing among people your age as you may think, I haven't danced before my junior prom last year, and I just let my date lead and all went swell. Just watch the feet

·
Registered
995 Posts
And as for "how to do it?". This may sound stupid, but whatever.

Call her up and be like "Can you come over here? We need to talk." Clear your living room or wherever, light some candles, dim the lights, and have flowers around. When we walks into your house, have the (slow) music playing, and dress nicely.

Just a quick idea. Seems romantic.

·
Registered
904 Posts
well, if you don't know how to grind, can't and won't help you there. That's something you just gotta feel (no pun intended) *and you're not grinding on me either. :dodgy:.

Anyays, purty simple. Step 1, wrap your arms around her waist like usual, and she will wrap hers around your neck usually.
Step 2: move feet to the right in a sideways motion. move the right foot, then bring the left foot back to it. You will make a circle.

It's kind of hard to explain, but i'm sure if you ask your mom, she would def help you. Or her sister. that's what i did. *yes i learned to dance from my mom, flame away.*

Now, once you've mastered that, the next part is atmosphere. Hopefully, your mom is like mine and has a ****load of rosebushes. *well, prolly all dead now but n e ways* if you can find it cheaply, buy a bunch of fully bloomed roses.
Like Such:

Pick petals, and put on floor of CLEAN room. Candles are a must, and no lights. Maybe make a small space just for you two to dance to.

Music. Depends on your tastes. On a bad ass cd me and my buddy made it had country and r and b. Don't just mix it up randomly. Listen to the beginning and ending of each song. Try to match instrument. Example:
Song 1. Ends in piano.
Song 2. Should begin in piano. Ends in *instrument b*
Song 3. Should begin with instrument b. ends in instrument c.
Song 4. Begins with instrument c.

If you can't match by instrument, try to transition other ways such as by rythm or theme.

A smooth transition makes it to where you don't suddenly have to change pace in dancing. Also, if you can set the time between songs on your music program, you have two choices. 1. SEMI long, just enough for a little break where you can hold each other, or 2. short,

HOnestly, just be yourself. Hell, tuxes can be rented for like 60 or so, but renting her a dress could play hell, cuz then she's gonna kno wat it's for. But dress nicely. Not slobby.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Just tell her to dress nicely to whatever you're telling her that you're doing. Isn't too hard, and who is French Toast? I know you got your name changed, but I don't remember who you used to be.

/why random and unrelated name changes are stupid.

·
hotty supreme
2,265 Posts
And as for "how to do it?". This may sound stupid, but whatever.

Call her up and be like "Can you come over here? We need to talk." Clear your living room or wherever, light some candles, dim the lights, and have flowers around. When we walks into your house, have the (slow) music playing, and dress nicely.

Just a quick idea. Seems romantic.
"we need to talk" NEVER sounds like a good thing.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Just tell her to dress nicely to whatever you're telling her that you're doing. Isn't too hard, and who is French Toast? I know you got your name changed, but I don't remember who you used to be.

/why random and unrelated name changes are stupid.
RicePaintballer, its in his usertitle.

I have to admit, I can't dance either. I've never tried.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Girls like people who dance. I went to my girlfriend's friend's birthday party tonight and I was the only guy dancing. All the girls were going crazy over me and all the other guys just gave me dirty looks. I didn't know anyone there and I was probably the oldest one there lol. Except for a college kid who was randomly there with his girlfriend. That was the only cool guy there, the rest were all junior fags.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts