1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is coming soon to a town near me.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2006/08/02/local_news/local01.txt

It's going to be the wildest party ever to come to Hilo."

Promoter Mariner Revell was referring to "Girls Gone Wild," the sexy series of DVDs that shows attractive, wholesome-looking girl-next-door types displaying their wares for the camera in exotic locales such as Cancun, Mexico, and other Spring Break venues.

Revell's company, R&R Entertainment Productions, is bringing the "Girls Gone Wild Tour" to LuLu's on Alii Drive in Kailua-Kona tonight and to Shooters Bar & Grill on Banyan Drive in Hilo Thursday night. Billed as an "18-and-over dance party," the show starts at 10 p.m. both nights and there will be a $10 cover charge at both venues.

"We'll be at capacity in both venues," said Revell, who added that Shooters has a capacity of about 270 while LuLu's can accommodate about 600 persons. "It's going to be a party package. It's not only 'Girls Gone Wild,' they're also filming a special ... called 'The Search for the Wildest Bar in America,' where they are filming at various locations catching young people in the act of being themselves and partying outrageously."

"Girls Gone Wild" has become the most recognized and talked-about soft-core DVD franchise in the U.S. due to salacious half-hour late night television infomercials which show nubile nymphets flashing the camera crew. For TV, strategic body parts are either blurred or obscured by strips reading "censored."

Officials of "Girls Gone Wild" and its parent company, Mantra Entertainment, declined to talk to the Tribune-Herald, but the 33-year-old founder of the GGW empire, Joe Francis, is reputedly worth upwards of $100 million. He owns a Ferrari and a Gulfstream Jet and, according to the Web site of the Warner Bros. TV show "Extra," built a mansion in the same Bel Air, Calif., neighborhood where Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg lives. He parties with Snoop Dogg, Ashton Kutcher and Tara Reid.

He has also been the target of numerous lawsuits, but has so far emerged unscathed. The New York Post referred to Francis as "the next Hugh Hefner."

Francis released his first GGW video in 1997 using money advanced from his credit cards after having been rejected by several mainstream Hollywood production houses. His hunch that girls in spring break and Mardi Gras situations would take their clothes off for next to nothing -- in some cases for only a "Girls Gone Wild" T-shirt -- proved to be right on the money.

"It's almost become too easy," Francis told "Extra." "There are too many girls that want to be in 'Girls Gone Wild.' Now girls run up to us and start taking their clothes off."

"It's not really ****," Revell opined. "It's just a bunch of girls who take off their tops on camera. The key to their success is the shock value. They do crazy things, like girls on girls. They were the first company to go out there and distribute DVDs of college girls at parties and the crazy college party life. Also, they have stars that help promote their DVDs, like Snoop Dogg and the (World Wrestling Entertainment) Divas."

Shooters owner Ken Takahashi did not return repeated calls from the Tribune-Herald, but a Shooters employee, who spoke anonymously, said there will be separate sections in the club for patrons of legal drinking age and those between the ages of 18-20. County liquor laws prohibit nudity at any Big Island drinking establishment, but girls ages 18 and over can pose nude or partially nude for the cameras elsewhere, provided they show identification and sign a standard model release form.

Keith Steenland, a manager at LuLu's, said that he expects "a pretty normal night" and that the onus is on the promoter to ensure that girls do not go buck wild -- and buck naked -- in the nightclub.

"We have to follow the liquor laws," Revell said. "We can't have the girls going either topless or bottomless in the bar. They'll have to film that in a hotel room or somewhere else, away from the bar."
TL;DR Girls gone wild is coming to two towns very close to me.

And yes, it says over 18 only. But I still think it's cool. It was on the front page of the paper.

D

·
0 Posts
girls gone wild is actaully really disgusting.. have you ever watched one of the actual dvds of it.. its just wrong.. poor drunk girls

O

·
0 Posts
The Girls Gone Wild CEO was on the Tyra Banks show a few weeks ago.

He's a genius probably because he made GGW look OK and decent.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
D_Smalls said:
girls gone wild is actaully really disgusting.. have you ever watched one of the actual dvds of it.. its just wrong.. poor drunk girls
they want to be on GGW. they get drunk so they will be more outgoing and enjoy it more.

if girls didnt want to be taken advantage of while drunk, they wouldnt go out partying every weekend. i dont know why so many people havent realized this yet

oh yea, hey whats up, havent been here in a while :dodgy: :dodgy: :hug:

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Spudchucker said:
they want to be on GGW. they get drunk so they will be more outgoing and enjoy it more.

if girls didnt want to be taken advantage of while drunk, they wouldnt go out partying every weekend. i dont know why so many people havent realized this yet

oh yea, hey whats up, havent been here in a while :dodgy: :dodgy: :hug:
Yeh I mentioned not seeing you in awhile in a couple other threads i think...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts