Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.

I have come to the conclusion, that I am/will be getting a pump. What I need from YOU, is your opinion on color, and any advice I might need, before I buy my new toy.

My wanted Setup:(Priced from Wevo)
It is a...
1. VSC Phantom w/ 45 Grip ($250)
2. Clear Pump, SC Feed, and End Cap ($17)
3. Green/Silver Acid Wash ($30)
Total: $300(rounded)

Here is a pic, of what I want:

Reasons why I want this setup:
1. I want the clear parts, cause I just do.
2. I want that certain ANNO because I play woods, and I don't want a bright Red ANNO

My Questions:
1. If I order from Wevopb.com, can I have a 3.5oz tank Anno'd in the same Acid wash?
2. What are some ups that I NEED (Just things that I could use to increase performance, not looks. And don't say barrel)?
3. Would $300 be a good est. price?

Thanks guys

- Shamed

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
1- I don't think wevo does any of his own annodizing (he doesn't offer it in his store anyways) but if you want you can send the tank to get annoed. Honestly though, I'd just buy a regular one. You may have to wait, depending on whether or not wevo has that specific setup in that anno.

2-If you don't want to buy a new barrel, you defenitely need a detent ring set. They are $6 from wevo, and highly neccesary. THey fit between your breech and barrel and prevent rollouts, and includes 4 sizes for various sizes of paints. I know you said no barrel, but you may want to consider sending your barrel to wwa to have it milled to accept freak inserts (called a frantom). WWA can take awhile sometimes on orders like that, but its only like $20 and its well worth it. Asside from that, maybe a ghost ring site (he just got new ones) that goes on top of your feedtube. I don't use one, but I've heard good things about them.

3-Yes, $300 is a good price.

When you get it, your pump stroke will be a little stiff. To fix this, remove the trigger frame, and put some vaseline in the guide groove, then just stroke it for awhile (quit thinking sick). It will be silky smooth in no time. You will not be dissapointed in the world of pump, its about all I play now, although I did just pick up an ion for tourneys and stuff. Plus if you plan on continuing semi, playing pump will make you a much better player, and earn you major respect, along with saving you some cash on paint.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
You could get an all black, they look good and work well in the woods. Then you could just get a 3.5 ounce tank. In the future (for a looks thing,) you could anno both the colors you want.

·
Registered
426 Posts
On a phantom the 3.5 oz should get you a couple hundred shots. That is more than enough if you are playing with a VSC. The only upgrade that you really should buy is the barrel detent rings. They are 5 bucks and allow you to size your paint and stop roll outs. IMO getting the tank anno'd doesnt matter much because black tanks go with everything.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Paintball oil isn't thick enough to work well, you need something thick. I guess you could use dow33 or slick honey, but vaseline works great. Plus you can buy it in a tube (the lip treatment stuff) and its really easy to squeeze into the groove. What I was saying about the anno was that you have to check to see what wevo has right now. I just checked, no green acid wash. Go to the the site, click pump guns>cci phantom. It will show you all the custom setups in stock. You can order pretty much any setup in black all the time. Oh, and you only need 1 3.5oz. In decent weather I can get almost 250 shots off mine. Even in cold weather your pushing close to 200. If you want though, you could get a 13/3000 hpa tank. Thats what I shoot now and I love it. I really need to get my phantom up in the rate my marker section, now that I've finished it. Maybe today.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
$90 or so.

I also highly, highly suggest one of the capless packs. They are $40 right now on pbn. They are so easy, and so much better than caps. I got mine today, it is really awesome.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
I tried mine today, they slid out like butter and were very fast. Oh, they are on sale for $40 shipped, ending today or tomorrow.

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WevoPaintball said:
Green/Silver Acid VSC Phantom w/45 = $279.99
Matching T-Stock = $47.99
Matching Trigger Shoe = $4.99
Gauged Rear Air Adapter = $17.50
3.5oz Tank (black) = $23.99
Ball Detent Kit = $5.99
Clear Parts upgrade = $16.99
Shipping = $15

Total = $412.44
That is the Price Quote I got from Wevo (Via eMail)a

What yall think?

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can get the capless packs from angel on Phog for $40ish shipped. If you are use to semi you are going to have a steep learning curve...but it will be worth it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts