Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
My theory is that certain chemicals in soda react with the aluminum in the cans, giving it a different taste than soda from plastic or glass bottles.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PizzaMiLiTiA said:
My theory is that certain chemicals in soda react with the aluminum in the cans, giving it a different taste than soda from plastic or glass bottles.
Yeah, that's what I think it could be also, although I have absolutely no knowledge in the chemistry field, I just find it interesting that it tastes so much better then plastic or aluminum.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Sittin_duk said:
Yeah, that's what I think it could be also, although I have absolutely no knowledge in the chemistry field, I just find it interesting that it tastes so much better then plastic or aluminum.
It's either what I previously said, or they purposely put more syrup in the glass bottles to justify charging you out the ass for them. :dodgy:

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dhill0413 said:
Ive noticed that Corona out of bottles is better than kegged Corona.

Bud Ice is way better out of a keg than a 40(oz)

Miller Lite and Bud Light are both better from bottles than cans.

(thought it throw the alcoholic parallel in there)
Haha, I knew there would have to be an alcoholic parallel in here somewhere.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Because its old school. That’s how Coke started and nothing will ever change that.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
THC will stick to glass far less than it will to metal or wood or clay. Metal pipes won't cool the smoke down as fast as glass pipes either. Glass is just a better material for everything. Sure its expensive and can break ((*sniff sniff* my beautiful piece was damaged... and glass can't be re-blown which is one of the few other downsides of it)) but it's much prettier than metal and just nicer. But then again you can't smoke shake properly with a glassy... plus some people just fancy metal more than glass. It's all preference.

Anyone here drink Balenteine Ale? Thompson style, swine!

·
Registered
413 Posts
iv found a way to smoke the shake in a glass bowl. you kno the little metal screens from under the sink foucets(sp?) pry one of those out and fit it to the bottom of th bowl. works like a charm, ive yet to get **** on.

i personally like plastic bottles over glass only because you can close them and keep the fizz in if you dont want to finish the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
metal pipes are usually sold with 2cm screens. You can buy either steel or brass ones at all headshops; they do work great in glassys for shake!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts