1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
346 Posts
That was brutal. I never hit people that hard into the end boards, pretty dirty, and probably should have been charging. Then grats on getting his hands up on the check, driving him into the boards.

All in all, could have been cleaner, and that was unsportsmanlike of him, and dirty, to an extent.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Spy327 said:
its an obvious fake thats what people on break were saying about it
Yah.. lets fake a game... then lets choreograph a wicked hit... and then we will rig the glass to break... and then I will flop around while the crowd goes OOOOOHHHHHH.....

Your friends are idiots.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spy327 said:
its an obvious fake thats what people on break were saying about it
It's actually real, I spoke to the coach about it today.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Its definitely real, yes its uncommon for the glass to shatter, but not unheard of. I know Pavel Bure has done it before.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not as un-common as it sounds, I've seen it more than once, but seeing kids/young teens do it is very un-common.

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Shoulda got a charging or boarding penalty at least...

Just goes to show, don't lead with your head.....
actually it was a completely legal check in my eyes(keep in mind I am a ref as well)

1. It couldn't have been a charge becuase he coasted before he hit the other player.
2. It couldn't have been an elbow becuase he kept his elbow down.
3. The player that got checked was close to the boards, as in a boarding penatly would be if he got checked from a couple feet farther from the boards if he would have flown into the boards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Jase said:
actually it was a completely legal check in my eyes(keep in mind I am a ref as well)

1. It couldn't have been a charge becuase he coasted before he hit the other player.
2. It couldn't have been an elbow becuase he kept his elbow down.
3. The player that got checked was close to the boards, as in a boarding penatly would be if he got checked from a couple feet farther from the boards if he would have flown into the boards.
he beat me too it. Like he said though, he didn't "launch himself" into the hit, his elbows were down, and the guy was on the boards when it happened. He (guy that got hit) shoulda known it was coming though. I mean the guy had a bead on him from the blue line. If he had dropped a little he woulda put his hips right into the legs of the guy making the check and tossed him into the boards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nickxjones said:
dude whether that was fake or not it was still awesome
And how in the world could it be fake? I already discussed it with the Coach and I assure you it's real.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts