Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4.5L DOHC V8 Diesel
330hp/550lb-ft of torque
Designed to be the same size as the 6.0L small block gas engine.

Going in the 1500HD pickups at the end of 2007 to start, then possibly in the Tahoe/Suburban. Could make its way into the Camaro.

Said to be quieter, smoother, and cleaner then any other maker's diesel.

Only bad thing: with every oil change you need to refill a urea tank. Though, I'm sure the aftermarket will find a way around that.

As to the heavy duty diesels, here are the final numbers:

GM: 6.6L V8 turbo diesel 365hp/660lb-ft

Dodge: 6.7L I6 Turbo diesel 350hp/650lb-ft

Ford: 6.4L V8 Twin-turbo diesel 350hp/650lb-ft
(Also working on a smaller light duty V8 diesel)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alpha said:
What's a urea tank?
Basically a tank of a urine like fluid that, when injected into the exhaust, reduces diesel emissions by over 50%. It's an environmental thing. :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
doomsday said:
Basically a tank of a urine like fluid that, when injected into the exhaust, reduces diesel emissions by over 50%. It's an environmental thing. :)
so its basically a fluid version of A.I.R.?

the chevys the most powerful engine :hug: the dodge is bigger and the f...f...ford has twin turbos :hug: yayyyyy my boys with bowties

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Sittin_duk said:
T...T...T....today junior!

Haha, <3

no, </3 we're through

i just read about that urea, pretty amazing, it converts normal exhaust fumes into nitrogen and water. that would be cool if exhaust fumes were nothign but water. U could like store the water for it to be used to wash the car or something

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Sittin_duk said:
T...T...T....today junior!

Haha, <3

Interesting...light diesel...sounds pretty cool, maybe I won't have to smell the stupid diesel powered trucks in front of me anymore...I hate that smell...
Too bad it dosen't smell like 110+ octane.. I love that smell.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rick78 said:
the chevys the most powerful engine :hug: the dodge is bigger and the f...f...ford has twin turbos :hug: yayyyyy my boys with bowties
That may be true, but the Ford has a lower available gear ratio (4.30) and a stronger frame, which also allows it to tow and haul much more than the other two. Which is what really counts with 3500 size trucks.

(Towing rated at: 16,700lbs Chevy, 16,400lbs Dodge, 18,800lbs Ford)

Everything has it's ups and downs. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts