Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and 3 of my friends are bascially putting plywood armor over a go kart. We have a turret in progress and are making gun ports, and fiber glass windows, i will have pictures up soon.

·
revvies rock my socks
280 Posts
uuuuuuum if your planning to take this to scenarios it may not be leagal because many have a rule that tanks can only go 5 mph or somthing like that

·
Banned
344 Posts
Sounds cool. We are building one this summer maybe. It will be a dune buggy though probably.

·
Registered
191 Posts
im so jelous post those pics i wanna c it lol u should make a lil movie to sho "real time" speed haha

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will take a picture next weekend probably cause it's my friends go-kart and it is at his house. when I take them it will be with the 3/4 inch ply wood and no turret, front or back. Plus the fiber glass isnt on it yet instead there are temporary wire mech wondows, lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If I were you, I wouldn't be using a gokart. At speeds like that, you WILL burn up the clutch. Maybe not today, maybe not tommorrow, but it will soon shatter. You have too much stress on a little motor and it will constantly be trying to grab. You's be better off trading it for a golf cart, or using an ATV Auto clutch engine+tranny from an older 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler.
But if you choose to not head my warning, good luck...

·
12,110 Posts
Use plexiglass or lexian. Its about $20 more then plywood, but gives you visibility. Just drill holes near the edge and use lockties or wire to tie it down.

Mount a paintball gun in the front aiming straight forward, and on teh steering wheel, tape on a microswitch. Remove the microswitch from an e-clone and mount the marker to the front. Wire the microswitch from the steerign wheel to the marker mounted on the front. Hit the switch and it fires.

·
Registered
188 Posts
hmm... what are the specs on the engine?

I got an 18 HP tractor I'm kicking around (not really kicking around, but whatever. I gotta get rid of it so I can shove my new car in the barn) and although the engine's drive shaft is vert, it can be made horizontal with a cheap kit.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We gave up on it because his sister nearly got crushed by it. I can take a picture of the bunkers we made out of the plywood and the go-kart we were using if ya would like. The bunkers are woodsball bunkers and are pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts