Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the story. If you want to skip to the beef go to the third paragraph

It was Friday night and I'm hanging out with my friend and people from his lacrosse team (friday night boxing matches and food at sizzler, exploding axe cans, good looking girls, etc.). We go to his house and chill and watch bigfoot vs. snakebite which was the worst movie ever but we didn't care, then we watched random crap on tv.

Next morning. Chill a bit, talk, laugh and its all fun. We take his dog for a walk and go to the local park chill some more on picnic tables. Then we decide to go down to nations to get some morning grub.

So we're walking the 9 blocks to nations, my friends are being stupid and pretending to hitch hike and stuff. Apparently some lady call the police on us. We see a police car go up as we're walking down, then he turns around and stops a block back, we keep walking then he pulls up and sits us down on the curb.

Now I'm thinking "wtf mate? Isn't he supposed to be out getting rapists and stopping drug dealers, drunken drivers and serial killers?" Nope, he's gotta get his ass out to hassle some hungry teenagers.

He asks what we were doing and where we were going. Then he asks if we've been flagging down cars and he says he has a report of hitch hikers. The answers are as follows "no" "no" "no" "we were just messing around" "no" and "no"

Then he gets on us about how we dont have our stories straight. Then he's like "maybe you guys can pull that **** in Berkeley (It was the Berkeley high lacrosse team and some guys had their jerseys over their hoodies) but not here in El Cerrito"

Then he lets us off and tells us not to jaywalk and to keep to the sidewalks.

All in all the cops around here need something to do.

TL;DR- I was with my friends and I got curbed by a cop for "hitch hiking"

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
I hate that excuse "Cops are supposed to be out catching rapist and cereal killer" Like they are just roaming around all the time. If you live in a somewhat small town, cops don't normally have that much to do.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aggression said:
I hate that excuse "Cops are supposed to be out catching rapist and cereal killer" Like they are just roaming around all the time. If you live in a somewhat small town, cops don't normally have that much to do.
I live right by oakland its got like the second highest homicide rates of any city for like 10 years, my hometown is having daylight armed robberies like every other day now.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Geez, IDK why yuo guys are always getin angry at the cops for doin there jobs. I take it as a good thing to get pulled over for minor things, because a.) You never really get in trouble, and just blow it off and keep goin, and b.) that means that nothin big is goin down where your firends may be getting shot at or someone is severely hurt.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
i got a warning for peeling out and getting clocked a few seconds later at 46 in a 30. That right there is supposed to be a $50 ticket.

so what happened? I simply told the cop the truth, and said i was just having some fun (although i also threw in that i didnt realize i had already hit 46 and was really just trying to accelerate fast) so in the end i just got a warning. thats three, count em three times ive been in a pulled over car, or been pulled over, and have not once encountered even a slightly dicky cop.

im tellin ya guys, theres nothin to be hatin. dont give them reasons to be suspicious, and they wont be. if they are suspicious, tell the truth and they'll give you respect

D

·
0 Posts
someone called the cops for your guys attempting to hitch hike? thats ****ing lame man.

Ive had cops stop me and my friends for pointless **** before.. meanwhile theres so much worse going on.

and the whole profiling thing is so ****ing retarded. its not as bad anymore, but my friends and i used to dress more 'punk' and we always caught ****.

we werent allowed to stay at a coffee shop tonight because only one of us bought something.. it was -20 to -25*C out and they kicked us out.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
One time me and my friends were walking around the part of town with the old people shops, and we went into one, and I bought my ex something she wanted (it wasl ike $2). And you know we're kinda screwing around a bit having fun, but one of the store clerks called the cops on us. The claim was we were loitering in their store without any money and destroying there stuff. I showed the cop the reciept, and he said that the old lady's were just old crooks and that we should probably go hang out somewhere else.

In that case, it was a good cop. There are good and bad cops, you just have to get lucky :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts