Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be there Saturday night at a party in Murphryboro / Herrin I think... one of those 2. Then my band has a show on Sunday there.

I'll be in Lexington Friday night and Saturday... if anyone wants to get drunk or smoke or something Friday night you're more than welcome to come to w.e hotel we stay at up in Lexington.

And on saturday night if you're near Herrin / Murphrysboro you can come to the party its supposed to be huge... and if you're worried about knowing people dont... I wont know anyone except like 2 people there haha

-Wes.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
a scene and scene kid aren't the same thing.

A scene can be anything at all, but it's normally in music. Metal scene, punk scene, hardcore scene, whatever.

The "Scene" scene is the one where a bunch of boys who look like girls put on tight pants, wear make-up, and drown in shallow puddles of self satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

A scene can be anything at all, but it's normally in music. Metal scene, punk scene, hardcore scene, whatever.

The "Scene" scene is the one where a bunch of boys who look like girls put on tight pants, wear make-up, and drown in shallow puddles of self satisfaction.
Lol at you trying to educate me about scene, thanks.

Take a look at the videos of his band, it's all ****ing scene kids, chances are, if it's the hardcore/metal scene, there will undoubtedly be scene kids.

Hell, almost every scene is flocked with scene-esque kids, aside from hip hop and punk to an extent. Go to a Pig Destroyer or any other metal show around here, and most of the kids look the same as "scene" kids (girls especially) they just wear a cannibal corpse or some other band's shirt instead of Champion, Go It Alone, Set Your Goals, coheed and cambria, etc. shirt.

And scene kids have strayed from just girl pants and make-up, it's boys who look like girls who now turned themselves into stereotypical wanna be tough guys with their shirts from whatever "Crew" they're "Rolling" with. When really, none of them actually know how to throw a decent punch.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You would be right.

There's only one video of my band at a ****ty show. If you knew any of the scenes around here or anywhere most scene kids dont even listen to local music... most sit outside at shows.

I played a show to 150 people saturday. the other 100 were scene kids sitting outside. I cant say I've played a show where I saw a "scene" kid who liked us.

I know these "sets" "crews" or w.e you're talking about. we have them here "270" or in Nashville it's really bad if you arent friend with people there " Music City Brotherhood " I've seen them beat people up just for talking down to one of their "crew" members. Crews are serious business where I live with... there arent really any rivalries its usually just kids watching out for one another except they take it a little too far.

Go be a dick and act like you know local music elsewhere.

-Wes.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
You would be right.

There's only one video of my band at a ****ty show. If you knew any of the scenes around here or anywhere most scene kids dont even listen to local music... most sit outside at shows.

I played a show to 150 people saturday. the other 100 were scene kids sitting outside. I cant say I've played a show where I saw a "scene" kid who liked us.

I know these "sets" "crews" or w.e you're talking about. we have them here "270" or in Nashville it's really bad if you arent friend with people there " Music City Brotherhood " I've seen them beat people up just for talking down to one of their "crew" members. Crews are serious business where I live with... there arent really any rivalries its usually just kids watching out for one another except they take it a little too far.

Go be a dick and act like you know local music elsewhere.

-Wes.
Ur in a band?!? lyk omgosh, you must know lyk, everything about the scene. Sry for rguing!

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
If you mildly knew me. You would know I've been booking shows for 5-6 years now.

So yes. I've been around not just my scene but scenes all over for some time now.

kthnxbye.
Aren't you 18? 18-6=12.

No offense, dude, but I sense exaggeration.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aren't you 18? 18-6=12.

No offense, dude, but I sense exaggeration.
You wouldn't believe me even if I said yeh.

My first show I booked I had just turned 13 and I threw it for my friend whose parents were sending him away to military school. After that later in that year I booked for our fair and 2 talent shows. I started out slow just like everyone. since then I've done at least 10 shows a year up until the past 2 years in which I've hosted at least 30 or more in nashville lexington numerous cities in kentucky and just helped my friends bands getting shows in places where i know people but i dont count those.

I've been around for awhile. I've always had the gift of being able to talk to people in person without getting on their nerves and being able to make good buddies with people who have control over a lot.

Before I've taken my current break since i've lost my job i would get on the upwards of 10 or so people messaging me for shows a day. even now that our name says we're broke / not doing shows i still get 2-3 every couple days or so. ( I dont check it as often since I've been on my break)

-Wes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts