Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking about maybe getting a boomstick or a nice barrel kit... not sure what to get, i like the boomstick cuz its nice and it will work with my ul barrel end right? and the end matches the bodies anno.
so what do you guys think would be best barrel kit or barrel for it? Whats should i get?

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Whatever will tickle your pickle really. Any 2 piece barrel kit that has multiple bores will be a vast improvement over a one piece, since you will have the ability to saze your bores according to the paint your shooting.

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinking about maybe buying like the ti longbow or lapco snap shot... as my main barrel... and buying an affordable barrel kit as a back up... because if i buy the lonbow or lapco ill make sure the bore matches the paint at most of the fields i go to or as many as possible, and then find a nice high end brand of paint thats the same size as the fields i use, to use
and then if i ever go to a field with not the same size paint or wind up stuck with something that i cant use with my main barrel ill have a kit to back me up... what u think?

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do the pros match paint to the barrel or the barrel to the paint? and dont say anything like dont always get what the pros use cuz i know lol

also has this forum update made the point system worth anything or are they still pointless? cuz i havnt noticed a difference other than u can now take loans and its a bit more fancy

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
The stock UL is quite good, if you really feel the need to match bore size just buy two more backs for it. Go about -+.03 from whatever the stock bore size is, I forget (meaning, if the stock size is .690, get a .687 and .693).

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i mean i get a really nice barrel to match paint to and then if i ever get stuck using the fields paint or a paint that doesnt match my barrel or a weird batch... i wanna have back up... but when i have nice balls lol i wanna have a nice barrel to go with them lol

funny thing is i didnt mean that to sound that way lol

oh and by back up i mean like an affordable kit to use just incase

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well the problem with keeping the ul is i dont like it that much i want a stronger material, because ive hardly played with my dm7 yet and its already nicked up on the barrel and theres a little like scratch on the inside and idk how that got there lol, but either way i wanted to buy a new barrel

what could i do to get rid of it its like a little point on the inside of the barrel that might cut up the ball that comes out im not sure... but should i like try to sand it down or what.... cuz from what im hearing i should just get like a boomstick thats a different size so ive got two sizes... and maybe buy another UL back for another size just in case

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
You're going to be hard pressed to find a better quality barrel than a UL. It's completely normal for your barrel to get a little scratched up on the exterior from normal play. The interior scratch is a little odd but if it's still shooting straight then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
idk i havnt shot since i noticed it lol so maybe its fine maybe its not idk... i just prefer something like titanium and i know everything is gonna scratch and wear... i was playing in rocks n bushes maybe thats it lol, what u think is the best barrel kit then? or a nice strong kit... wish the ti longbow was cheaper cuz then i would buy that and then idk a barrel kit or some more UL backs

so if the ball does get ****ed up shooting out of the barrel should i try like sanding it down or what should i do?

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
NO! No sandpaper! Bad!

Did you buy this gun new*edit*? If you did and you think the scratch has messed it up, contact Dye and see if they'll help you out.

Not too many people bother with titanium or steel, as they weigh quite a bit more, and that weight is exaggerated as it's sticking out on the front of your gun.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Barrel kits are wastes of money.

No one actually sizes their paint anymore. They buy large bore barrels and overbore everything.

ULs are the best barrels around. Same with Lucky 15s and Eclipse barrels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts