Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lounging around since '04
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a little update, this past summer i bought my first true blue 'bustedmyasssinceiwas16' car, a 2000 dodge neon. bout 2 months ago i was driving my girlfriend home and its a rainy night on the expressway going south then this idiot decided to stop in the middle of the expressway

rainy road + idiot in the middle of the road + downward hill = brakes locking up, tires skidding forming a big ol crash, and a lady rear ending me. (thankfully no one was hurt)

ok so fast forward to 2 months later.... insurance dough kicks in and that car is rotting away at a junkyard being used for scraps (damn shame too)

i have 2 grand... but i also have a car willing to trade in, a 93 crown vic. so im driving around today and i see a little car dealership i know gives good deals, i persnally know the guy so i go into his warehouse....he shows me his newest car, a 96 honda civic EX...now im not a big fan of the japcrap, but hell GAS AINT CHEAP! the car wasnt in such a perfect condition, then again i dont expect much from a used honda. the engine had 118000 miles, actally less than i expected. the outside was a bit dirty. the bumper in the back and one fender definitely need paint. he's offering me the car as is for 3k flat. but i know by the time he fixes it it'll go for 4 grand.

i just wanna know am i getting a good deal, not loving the mileage on the engine....but i know its a ****in honda.

·
Registered
967 Posts
3 grand for a 96 civic with 118,000 miles? That really doesent sound like a good deal at all.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
in its condition, he's going to be lucky to get 3k from anyone. Keep shopping around, you can find a nicer civic with lower miles than that piece

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Hell I bought my 94 Prelude with 92k miles on it for $3500.. Preludes are way nicer and book for way higher.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
wow that's a really really good price for a prelude
Tell me about it. I collected about $1500 on insurance from people hitting me, put about a grand worth of aftermarket parts (rims, carbon fiber, etc.) and sold it for 5 grand.

Too bad I lost quite a bit on my 5.0 and I'm probably going to lose some on the Talon too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts