·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend said he'd sell me his subs box amp and wiring for 200 bucks

Subs are 2 12" kicker CVRs
Not sure on box specs
4ga wiring and a 1000 watt amp hasnt told me what kind =/

think i should do it? or just wait until my birthday and try to get a whole new setup?

I was just thinkin anything to get me beating for cheap for right now then upgrade as i go down the road

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
sounds more than decent as long as nothings broken.

My guess is that he's choking the **** outta those cvr's though. Spend an extra 40 on some mdf and build a colossal ported box.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a buddy say he would sell me 2 image dynamic 15s for 150. Now he is saying the speakers and amp for 500. i told him to go away lol. I still dunno what ima get yet. Think ima just wait and build my own set up since my bday is next month

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I would upgrade your headunit and component speakers before anything. Subs are worthless with a ****ty set of speakers. Also, I wouldn't go over 600W on an amp with two subs. That's plenty of bass for me and much less of a headache as well. Just remember, it's not the quantity and numbers, it's the quality. Best "budget" setup I ever had was a Polo Momo Carbon Series Amp 300.2 and 2 10" Alpine Type Rs. JBLs in the back, Infinitys in the front powered by an Alpine headunit. Everything would have ran close to $1300 or so, but the JBLS came with the car, picked up the amp for $130, and got the rest with a BestBuy employee discount for like $365. That included a box and wiring.

Had all that in my old 5.0 and it sounded greaaaaaaaaat.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a kenwood head unit atm. I had bought some ****ty duals for the back a while ago because my back speakers where just old and didnt work anymore. I figured they would do fine for now. I still have a front speaker that doesnt work so after i got the subs i was gonna save up some cash to put in new speakers throughout the whole blazer. Dad said he was going to give me 5 grand for graduation. I figure i can pick me up a good used 600 for 4 grand or so and then use the rest on my blazer =D

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eh it's less then what they gave my sister. they bought her a 9k car for graduation. their lucky i aint trying to milk them for the extra 4k lol. But i just want enough for a bike or a 4wheeler. Plus i want him to sell the damn geoooooo. Gah it was cool until a few weeks after i got best car at school. Then it was lame

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
5 grand for graduation? Wow, including all my family, I think I got like $500 or $600 total. I was pretty grateful though.

Edit - You should see the system in the Civic.

Headunit: $30 at the pawn shop
Speakers: Pioneers all the way around from the junkyard, total cost $10
Amp: MTX Amp at a garage sale $5
Wiring: Free, most of it from the junkyard, oh $6 RCAs from Wal-Mart
Subwoofer: Kicker Comp Series that I got from a friend in a trade, didn't cost me anything.

Decent system for roughly $50. I had a nicer Alpine Mono Channel Digital Amp, but decided to try and sell it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts