Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on getting an Etek 3 LT, looks like its in great shape from the pics and it comes with the box, doesn't look like it was used much. Also getting a 45/4500 tank, not name brand just generic, it does need a hydro done on it. Also getting 1700 rec ball grade paintballs. I am giving him $270 for everything but wasn't sure what the prices on the Etek 3 are expected to be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It does include the tank. There is a local place that will do the hydro test, I think they charge $15.

I have seen a few on ebay for around $250. Good thing about this one is I cant test it out first. The tank sweetens the deal. I haven't seen many etek3s selling for less than $300 on forums.

D

·
0 Posts
Check the specifics on your local place.

A fair amount of places that hydro tanks require that the reg be removed to receive the bargain basement rate. Removing a reg can cost as much as $7.50 (estimated at $15 for both ways).

If they're only doing it for $15...I may want contact info of that place...

D

·
0 Posts
That's always a crapshoot.

Ninja is kinda down the street from me (like 20 minutes) - but it'll cost me 40 dollars w/ the regs, and they offer no thread-stripping warranty/liability . No clue on turn times, but if I state I'm a local...well, I've met the guys..and they seemed cool (sponsor my field). They may put a rush order on things.

Crossfire is a 2.5-3 hour drive (2 day ship point..go figure...) They offer thread stripping/reg snapping protection - but its something like $10 to ship to them, $25 for them to do it (and we know what their communication is like), and another $6 to ship it back. $40...and I'll get the tank back in 2 weeks to a month.

My field will do it for $35, but have a 1-2 week turn time on them and offer no thread stripping protection.

And I've been looking into fire extinguisher places. Larger ones will do it, and quote me between 20 and 25 - but require the reg be removed.

Its a crap shoot..

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I used crossfire once and never will again. They didnt' contact me about anything until about a month after i shipped my tanks out. I ended up buying a new tank because i thought all of mine were lost or destroyed.

this place I went to is a huge business that pretty much services all fire estinguishers in the entire city+ more. They do hydro testings every day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts