Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Your lower end goggles will fog. It is a fact of life. Your best bet is to get a goggle system that has at least a thermal lense. If you don't want to do that, there are various anti-fog gels and sprays, but they work sometimes and sometimes not. The other option is a fan. Depending on your type of mask you can get a visor mounted fan that will keep the lense cool.

Or you could go to radio shack, get a cpu fan, a wiring harnes, pushbutton switch and a 9v battery and "customize" your mask with a homebuilt fan.

All and all, I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you are serious about paintball, buy the best mask that you can -- profiler, flex, or invision seem to be the best for construction, visibility and not fogging.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Your lower end goggles will fog. It is a fact of life. Your best bet is to get a goggle system that has at least a thermal lense. If you don't want to do that, there are various anti-fog gels and sprays, but they work sometimes and sometimes not. The other option is a fan. Depending on your type of mask you can get a visor mounted fan that will keep the lense cool.

Or you could go to radio shack, get a cpu fan, a wiring harnes, pushbutton switch and a 9v battery and "customize" your mask with a homebuilt fan.

All and all, I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you are serious about paintball, buy the best mask that you can -- profiler, flex, or invision seem to be the best for construction, visibility and not fogging.

Hope that helps
yup yup, qft. i had a profiler, and i fell in love with it. im a big guy, so i sweat more easily than some. hence fog. but when i got my profiler it didnt fog once. even on a hot day when i went balling. plus the view from it was absolutely superb, i could see everything.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
get a profiler. Best there is for profile and looks, in my opinion. The I3 doesn't look very good, the older fade invisions are the ones that look good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a low-end mask, and I've purchaced some anti-fog spray and have some gel coming in the mail. I plan to try it out next weekend.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
paintballr927 said:
Or you can spend another $10 and get a flex 7, which imo is way better
Yes you can..... there are a few decent masks that are cheaply priced. Thats the lowest I found...if that guy dosent have alot of cash to spend. The masks you get in those kits are junk.... you can tell when you see someone completely fogged up!!! Funny!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dudes, i know this might be gross, but spit on a paper towel and rub it on the inside of the lens, its an old scuba diving trick, your goggles won't fog for a few hours

·
Registered
989 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Frankly, I am of the opinion that you buy the best goggles out there. Remember, you can't hit what you can't see.
Tell me about it. I spent the last two games of the day behind a bunker. I couldn't even see enough to run to the next bunker. I was planning on my next upgrade being a HPA tank. I think I'll get a nice mask instead.

·
Registered
56 Posts
painteverywhere said:
Dudes, i know this might be gross, but spit on a paper towel and rub it on the inside of the lens, its an old scuba diving trick, your goggles won't fog for a few hours
gross?? I do that all the time... but I found under the bush's in the winter time, it would only defog for about 3 minutes... I've got some gel coming in the mail, and I've seen the demo video of it and its pretty great. I got the link recommended from this forum. http://www.fogtech.com check the demo video its pretty sweet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts