Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Ford dealership sent me a letter. They want me to come test drive the new 2005 Mustang GT being I am a "previous mustang purchaser". I'll let you know how it is when I get over there some time soon. I wonder if it will do 160 like mine. ;)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
nicee. i need to go to the dealership/stealership to check out the new stangs.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
When I read Ford, Dealership, and Test Drive, I was thinking "OMG does he get to Test drive a Ford GT???/1?1*

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I went last night to test it out. First thing you notice about this car is the double set of headlights on the GT. It works just like old mustangs did, one set of lights is the normal lights then when you turn both sets on you have high beams. I also loved the new wheels, they have the tri-wings on them like the old Ford wheels (Shelby Cobra and '32 Ford) which is really sharp. Once you sit in it you notice it has quite a bit more room. In the previous mustangs I was pretty uncomfortable in the coupes, this one I was fine. I started it up and was amazed, it sounded like a muscle car, in fact it sounded even better then my Cobra with Flowmaster American Thunders. If I didn't already have one I think I would have bought it right then for the sound alone. I took it out and once I got used to the steering and feel I gave it a little gas, it pulls like my Cobra does, but doesn't bite you back into the seat. It feels more like the Mach 1, in fact it feels a lot like the Mach 1. The ride is a little rough, but for a live axel setup it is pretty good. It also feels like it handles almost as good as my stang with IRS, it definately beats the heck out of 90's and 00's GTs. Tho car feels a lot more solid then older GT stangs too, not as much bad flex, and the door feels like there is actually some steel in it which is a nice change from most cars out there. The interior isn't amazing, but it is nice and simple. (Plus this is a pony/muscle car, who needs a wood and leather interior?) I figured out where everything was easily, unlike my Mazda Tribute which has way to many buttons and levers. I do miss the old style pull knob for the lights though (though unless you are used to it it may have been difficult to figure out), now it has controls like an explorer for the lights. This thing is going to be a hit. For around $25,000 new a car with over 300hp, great looks, clean lines, four seats, great sound.....I mean, what more could you want in a mustang? Ford really did a nice job with this one, if you are a mustang fan you won't be dissapointed.

Attachments

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tmaxx_2.5 said:
wow, :tup dooms, btw does it do 160 ? :naughty

I don't know, I had it at 60 tops, but I wasn't riding on the highway so i couldn't push it. (plus the guy from the dealer was already white knuckled) It certanly felt like it could do it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
they look better without that smallass spoiler

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, typically Mustangs have a 155mph limiter, though it doesn't click in instantly so it is possible to obtain 160mph (which I have verified), especially on a declining grade road, now if the new stang GT is just limited by hp, then 150 seems like an appropriate number. The 2003 Mach 1 could do 153 max and it didn't have a limiter and the new GT has roughly the same HP but is a little heavier depending on driver and packages. So, 150mph sounds about right. I can't say 118 is right for the V6, but I know my tribute can do 100 and the motors are pretty close power wise and the weights are almost exact, so I bet I can get a good idea if I get the chance to see how fast my truck can go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts